Hull Replacement

Just wondering. When Vexus replaced your hull did you get a new title or did they reuse the same serial number? If the original was a 2019 and replaced in 2021 how does that work?
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

2. Member
    Read post about above to
    Steve clark

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Just wondering. When Vexus replaced your hull did you get a new title or did they reuse the same serial number? If the original was a 2019 and replaced in 2021 how does that work?
    The serial number stays the same. I have had 2 hull replacements and the serial number remains so that the title does not changed. I wish they would change serial number, sure would help with resale for when I decide to get into something else.

Legit question, why does serial number impact resale? Is it tied to the original date of manufacture of your first hull or something?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Legit question, why does serial number impact resale? Is it tied to the original date of manufacture of your first hull or something?
    Yes, even though I have a 2022 hull, I have to sell my boat as a 2019 as the serial number and the title will reflect the year I bought and not the newer model it was replaced with. If the serial changed then the title would also have to be changed to reflect the current year and serial, it would really make it a paperwork mess but at the end of the day you would have a boat that is essentially newer, and also a lot of good changes have been made between the 2019 to current, so when people see I have a 2019 they might not desire what the 2019 had as compared to the newer models w/ the improvements mine currently have. My understanding as well with the 2022 models they could not even used the top cap of the 2019 hull due to changes in the lids to make them even more water tight so I have a 2022 boat with 2019 serial and paperwork.

So as you can see there are many reasons it could impact the resale especially to that of a private buyer or even the possibility of it not even been looked at by a private buyer that filters the search to 2021 and above.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    Yes, even though I have a 2022 hull, I have to sell my boat as a 2019 as the serial number and the title will reflect the year I bought and not the newer model it was replaced with. If the serial changed then the title would also have to be changed to reflect the current year and serial, it would really make it a paperwork mess but at the end of the day you would have a boat that is essentially newer, and also a lot of good changes have been made between the 2019 to current, so when people see I have a 2019 they might not desire what the 2019 had as compared to the newer models w/ the improvements mine currently have. My understanding as well with the 2022 models they could not even used the top cap of the 2019 hull due to changes in the lids to make them even more water tight so I have a 2022 boat with 2019 serial and paperwork.

So as you can see there are many reasons it could impact the resale especially to that of a private buyer or even the possibility of it not even been looked at by a private buyer that filters the search to 2021 and above.

Never thought about that with mine and yes that is a bummer.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

7. Member
    Last two number of the HID is the year of the hull.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    Last four of HIN, let's use L122. L is the twelfth letter of alphabet means December was month of production, 1 is year produced so 2021, 22 is year model. The example last four of a HIN means the boat was a 2022 model produced in December of 2021. Another example C222 would be March 2022 production of a 2022 model.

This seems to be an industry standard. I have a 2014 Ranger RT188 that had the hull replaced in 2016 and they used the original serial number. I upgraded several features that were not available in 2014 so it is functionally a 2016 boat.
    I understand the complexity in ownership paperwork and warranty and accept this as proper procedure. Also, I only paid for a 2014.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching