2023 Skeeter ZXR21 Jack Plate Height

What Jack plate heights is everyone running on these models with the hydraulic jack plate and stock T2? Taking the 23' out for the break in this weekend! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Run it up to 12 and go from there. I almost always start there and adjust as needed each trip or run.

3. Member
    2021 ZXR20, 10 seems to work best for me on most water.

4. Member
    Can’t answer but nice bug!

5. Member
    Thanks!

6. Member
    Mine likes full trim and JP all the way up. I get to 18 on the gauge and keep bumping till I loose speed. Always end up topped out bump it down and speed starts falling off.

7. Member
    The zxr21 likes to be around 15-16 on average. then it depends on weight placement. around 90-95% on trim

8. Member
    Good enough to get started, Thanks!

9. Member
    While y'all are discussing... 2022 ZXR21 with manual plate. Where are these numbers?? Mine seems about 3/8ths to 1/2 inch above the main bracket on top but my speeds and rpm are not being all they could be!! Lol...

10. Member
    Most people with manual jack plates use the dots on the side of the jack plate for indicators of the height.

11. Member
    Sorry to throw the manual jack plate in the mix but what are the starting points for those??? Thanks!

I'll ask another way... The pad to prop measure of 2.5 to 2.75 inches is center of prop below the pad of the boat with all sitting level or near it??

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by GVStone; 11-08-2022 at 09:57 AM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GVStone View Post
    Sorry to throw the manual jack plate in the mix but what are the starting points for those??? Thanks!

I'll ask another way... The pad to prop measure of 2.5 to 2.75 inches is center of prop below the pad of the boat with all sitting level or near it??

Thanks in advance!
    I like to set them up at 8-9 dots and run around 90% trim. 7 dots is usually the starting point on average

13. Member
    Be careful with boaters advice on JP numbers. I’ve seen where the motor has been mounted on the plate in different holes. Best to always go by prop to pad and start from there. If you do use someone’s advice. Ask what hole they are mounted on and brand of JP.

14. Member
    Excellent points by Outofsightpdr.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofsightpdr View Post
    Be careful with boaters advice on JP numbers. I’ve seen where the motor has been mounted on the plate in different holes. Best to always go by prop to pad and start from there. If you do use someone’s advice. Ask what hole they are mounted on and brand of JP.