Banned

Read if UR near AR & want a higher windshield on your Ranger 2014-21 Z520C or Z521C

Kind of an odd title, I'll admit. I have a Ranger 2015 Z520CI and love nearly everything about it except the windshield. Simply put, it does not shield the wind - esp. 40 degree wind! In reading posts both here and elsewhere, I'm not alone with this concern. So I've been working with Custom Mold and Tint Inc. in Monticello, AR to develop a modified windshield that will do a better job of shielding the wind!

Custom Mold & Tint is one of the biggest boat windshield manufacturers in the country. in fact, they've done a lot of work for Ranger over the years. They're up to the task, but they need a 2014-21 Z520C or Z521C to measure so they can be sure that the final product looks great and gets the job done. I'd happily offer them mine, but I'm about a 30h RT from them. That's where YOU come in!

What do they need? They need access to your 2014-21 Ranger Z520C or Z521C for a week for measuring and test fitting. They will simply remove the current windshield, measure, test fit and replace your current windshield. Your boat will not be modified in any way.

What's in it for you? A free upgraded windshield! You'd also be helping-out the rest of us Ranger owners because we'd FINALLY have an option that gets the job done!!

Please get back to me if you're ready, willing and able.

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Don, actually, you and I exchanged a few messages back when I started my search for a solution. At this point, you're my "Plan B" if the custom windshield option doesn't pan out. As long as we can find someone with a Ranger Z520C or Z521C (semi) local for measurements/test fit, this should be a home run. Once they're able to be produced, the windshields will be relatively inexpensive to purchase. My fingers are firmly crossed!

4. Banned
    Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by brimster View Post
    Kind of an odd title, I'll admit. I have a Ranger 2015 Z520CI and love nearly everything about it except the windshield. Simply put, it does not shield the wind - esp. 40 degree wind! In reading posts both here and elsewhere, I'm not alone with this concern. So I've been working with Custom Mold and Tint Inc. in Monticello, AR to develop a modified windshield that will do a better job of shielding the wind!

Custom Mold & Tint is one of the biggest boat windshield manufacturers in the country. in fact, they've done a lot of work for Ranger over the years. They're up to the task, but they need a 2014-21 Z520C or Z521C to measure so they can be sure that the final product looks great and gets the job done. I'd happily offer them mine, but I'm about a 30h RT from them. That's where YOU come in!

What do they need? They need access to your 2014-21 Ranger Z520C or Z521C for a week for measuring and test fitting. They will simply remove the current windshield, measure, test fit and replace your current windshield. Your boat will not be modified in any way.

What's in it for you? A free upgraded windshield! You'd also be helping-out the rest of us Ranger owners because we'd FINALLY have an option that gets the job done!!

Please get back to me if you're ready, willing and able.

5. Banned
    Quick review... You provide Custom Mold & Tint in Monticello, AR with your 2014-21 Ranger Z520C or Z521C for them to measure the console to create a new and better windshield. For your time and trouble, you get a FREE windshield AND you help-out Ranger Nation as everyone will be able to buy a windshield that...shields wind! Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by brimster View Post
    Any takers?

6. Member
    You can’t just send them a windshield to measure?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    You can’t just send them a windshield to measure?
    Excellent question! They've purchased a windshield from Ranger for exactly this purpose. If they were simply making a replacement, it would suffice. But because they're designing a new windshield - one that actually blocks the wind (!) - they need the boat. Want to be a hero for all of us?! ;-)

8. Banned
    Kinda hoping that the colder weather might encourage someone in the reasonable vicinity of Monticello, AR to make their boat available for a few days so Ranger Nation can have a better windshield option!

Again, super-simple... You provide Custom Mold & Tint in Monticello, AR with your 2014-21 Ranger Z520C or Z521C for them to measure the console to create a new and better windshield. For your time and trouble, you get a FREE windshield AND you help-out Ranger Nation as everyone will be able to buy a windshield that...shields wind! Any takers?

Do they make one for 2011's?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Do they make one for 2011's?
    I don't know what windshield options exist for 2011s. Per Ranger, the 2014-21 Ranger Z520C or Z521C windshield mounting is identical.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post

I have to agree with this add-on, bought mine on Amazon. I had 2 of those on my previous boat and swapped them over to my 2008 Z520 and they made a big difference. I did run the boat without them and my eyes would water too much even with glasses on. They don't stick up much higher, but definitely deflect the wind up and over you. They are very secure and I only take them off when I'm putting the cover on for longer 3+ hour trips. I started just taking the whole windshield off now. I added some clear vinyl tubing on the bottom so they didn't scratch the original windshields.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom