Benchmark Trailer Question

I have a 2021 CX20 and am wanting to know if anyone elase is having the same thing happen with their boat and trailer when launching or removing the boat from the ramp. When backing down the ramp after I have everything ready for launch if I have the bow strap unhooked the bow will lift off of the bow stop 2 to 3 inches while backing down the ramp. It just sort of bounces up off the stop sort of like the boat needs to be forward a couple more inches but I have the bow eye all the way against the bow stop? This happens when I have a person helping launch even if I leave the strap on down to the last five or six feet before the water. I will be in the boat while backing down and then have the truck stop then unhook the bow strap and then back the last five or six feet in and it pops up? On my old triton I could unhook everything and dump it in and the same for pulling out, powerload to the stop and pull out no issues but not my caymas.

Same thing happens to me

3. Member
    Hmmmm. Mine did not do that on its maiden voyage this past weekend. But I’m trying to figure out if what ur experiencing is a bad thing. If I’m understanding what ur saying, wouldn’t that ensure that ur bow clears the roller when launching? Maybe I’m reading ur situation wrong, but my boat didn’t leave the bow stop till I put the boat in reverse and backed off the trailer.

4. Member
    Mine does, I unload and power load and not hook up till I get out of the way. Boats not coming off the trailer and it may actually be better that the bow isn’t so heavy on the roller. Had several tritons do the same thing, I’d not worry about it at all.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Mine does, I unload and power load and not hook up till I get out of the way. Boats not coming off the trailer and it may actually be better that the bow isn’t so heavy on the roller. Had several tritons do the same thing, I’d not worry about it at all.
    That makes sense but the pucker factor was high when it happens. I guess I just have to get used to it.

My boat does it backing down with strap loose also. Easy loading and unloading boat. My last boat I couldn't get in the boat without getting my feet wet.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812