Thread: Etec 150DHLSCR

Etec 150DHLSCR

I also just posted this on Etec owners group

Good morning everyone. I will post my EMM report tomorrow. I am typing this up on the train and have to take the kids trick or treating tonight!
    Well I am having issues with my 2007 150.
    About 2 months ago I was getting a 100 RPM drop speratically while running. Didn’t think much of it. Didn’t happen every trip. Then a few weeks ago, it really started bogging down. Also, at times it would be hard to get on plane. Now each trip it has gotten worse and worse. I can push threw the bogging and eventually it starts running pretty good for a few seconds/minutes until it bogs down more. When not bogging down, it definitely is not running as fast as it used to.
    I thought for sure it was going to be an injector Issue as I have replaced a few in the past and the problems seemed similar.
    I hooked up my diagnostic tool and tested all injectors. They all tested good. I decided to unplug each of them and Ohm test them. 5 of the 6 tested 2.4 and 1 of them was 4.6. I ordered a new one from barnicle bill and installed thinking for sure that would fix it.
    Nope. I also changed the vst filter at that time. So then I was thinking it was for sure a fuel issue. Checked the HP fuel pump and the screen was pretty dirty. Decided to just put a new one in. It was probably the original.
    Did not fix it. Also installed the other fuel pump that day. The plastic low pressure one on the side. Ordered from here, decided to just do it cause everything is original more than likely.
    Still having the same issues. I just bought spark plugs this weekend but have not installed them yet. They are definitely due to be changed but I really don’t think that is the issue either.
    What do you guys think?
    I know everyone is going to give me crap about throwing parts at it, but in my defense I feel that these are all original and can’t possibly hurt to put new in. Also, I am doing the work myself so not having to pay the labor makes it worth it.
    I am no outboard mechanic, but I enjoy being able to fix my own stuff. I don’t always do it, but I try and fix everything I own. If I can’t figure it out, then I will get a professional involved.
    The diagnostic software is not throwing any faults.
    I appreciate your guys input. I found a post on bassboatcentral that I guy put up that was basically having the same exact issues as me. I tried reaching out to him to see what the problem ended up being, but he has not responded. Hopefully he will, but who knows.
    Thanks guys I appreciate your info greatly.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I found a post on bassboatcentral that I guy put up that was basically having the same exact issues as me.

This is bassboatcentral. Install the plugs and see what happens

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I found a post on bassboatcentral that I guy put up that was basically having the same exact issues as me.

This is bassboatcentral. Install the plugs and see what happens
    He cross posted from etec owners group
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC