Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Good job out there, at this time of year, if your in a boat it's good ..

2. Moderator
    Got out with a friend of mine Sunday and caught a few good largies. A little cold but the fish kept the blood flowing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Well hit kingston again today. Shockingly I was the only one there.🤣 Water was 42 and wind was blowing pretty good. Luckily I had watched 603's jerkbait video while drinking my morning coffee so I put that jerkbait to work. Ended up with 5 all on rock piles. Dropped a few more and like an idiot shook 2 off with a jig thinking I was hung up. Nothing huge but any fish through liquid water in december is a win in my book.
    Oh dang a shout-out! lol thanks buddy.

We went up into Vermont Sunday, water we hit was still 45+ degrees. First hour was great. Andrew got us started fast and then I plucked three smallies from one school using the Damiki rig. First one was good, second was 4-1/4, third was 3+ lbs. Second and third came on consecutive drops too, still had the 4 on the deck when I saw the school still there down in 46 FOW dropped it down and immediately got bit after I stopped the bait. That's always a fun bite.

Good job guys, glad you're all still getting out.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Made it out on Robison pond yesterday.
    Wow was it windy... water temp was 42. I ended up with 7 keepers with a 4.3 lg being my best.
    Did have a nice one come unbuttoned at the boat. 4 on a jerkbait, 2 on the dropshot and one on a keitech swim bait.
    15-20 deep.
    Had the place to myself.
    Anthrax

6. Member
    Nice job Tim. My favorite time of the year, it's rare you're going to see anyone else out there with you right now.

It's also my favorite time of the year. Only for few more weeks though.
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Made it out on Robison pond yesterday.
    Wow was it windy... water temp was 42. I ended up with 7 keepers with a 4.3 lg being my best.
    Did have a nice one come unbuttoned at the boat. 4 on a jerkbait, 2 on the dropshot and one on a keitech swim bait.
    15-20 deep.
    Had the place to myself.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

9. Member
    Great job Tim. It must have been windy, my shop is on a open high point of land and it was like a hurricane yesterday.

Yes it was really windy. It's never a good thing when you have to put on every piece of clothing you brought within the fist 10 minutes of being on the water
    I was in my pelican so I anchored on a wind blown drop off and let them come to me.
    Anthrax

11. Member
    Just seen this post Tim.. Ya it's cold out there but you did very good and had a good time to boot ..
    We have not been out for a week and a half and we are starting to have the shakes ?

12. Member
    Threw out any long travel plans due to the snow yesterday and headed into Mass instead. Went to Asnacomet Pond as my buddy Andrew's girlfriend lives close to it and he's been dying to fish there. Saw a lot of skim ice on my drive down so that had me nervous, but we pulled up and there was a big sign saying there's a horsepower limit for the lake. Go figure. We only brought deep water gear for the trip, so we left and went to Quinsigamond in Shrewsbury instead. Water was still 44-45 degrees, I got 5 and Andrew got 1. All dragging the bottom with keitechs in 25-40 feet, biggest was about 2.5 lbs and another close to 2 lbs. I meant to leave well ahead of the snow but didn't, and that was not a good choice hahaha. That drive home SUCKED. Highlight of the trip was when some idiot pulled out in from of me and immediately spun out their F250 right in the middle of RT-13, they were pulling out of the road for Lake Potanipo. Half jack-knifed trying to get off the damn road to avoid hitting her, corrected it, hit the grass and finally got enough traction thanks to the slightly soft grass that I stopped about 2 feet from the rear end of her truck. Fun times... be safe out there friends. Hoping I can get up to Champlain this weekend if the weather allows for it. Almost went there Sunday anyway but so glad I didn't, that would have been an extra miserable ride home. The ramp to Quinsig is only 1 hr from my house, it took me 1 hr 45 minutes to get home.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Half jack-knifed trying to get off the damn road
    Yikes! We make it hard enough, without help from the dummies out there

I put the boat up Saturday - kayak is still an option if Todd stays open.

14. Member
    Wow you are lucky..... my biggest fear is some asshat pulling a dumb move like that and me crashing my truck and boat.
    Started putting the boat away yesterday but I'm not fully committed yet. I saw rain and 40's for friday. 😂

Nice job getting out and still catching them Snover.
    Glad you didn't wreck. I've only towed the boat a handful of times in the snow. Never on purpose and I'd be happy not to do it ever again.
    Anthrax

16. Member
    So I'm at a weird crossroads. It totally seems like it is time to just pack it in but I just cant. Massabesic seems like I can launch again and this weird feeling is telling me no, dont quit. If there was ice it would be a no brainer but man this year is killing me...🤪

17. Member
    ... weird feeling is telling me no, dont quit....
    Good on you man - I wrapped it up last Saturday.

18. Member
    So I'm at a weird crossroads. It totally seems like it is time to just pack it in but I just cant. Massabesic seems like I can launch again and this weird feeling is telling me no, dont quit. If there was ice it would be a no brainer but man this year is killing me...浪
    Do it!! We went out yesterday down to Great Herring Pond near the cape. Cool place, second time I've fished there. I got 7 smallies, my buddy Andrew got 5 smallies and a rat largie, quite a few big white perch, and my buddy Steve skunked unfortunately in the time we were out there. Nothing overly big but the average was pretty good at about 2 lbs for almost all of them. Water temp there is still 41-42, the ramp there is wicked shallow and kind of a pain in the butt even with two guys, just a heads up if anyone goes down there for the first time.

Pretty sure everything from Waltham and south was still ice free if it had a decent amount of depth to it, you get to Plymouth area and everything is wide open. Drive down there on the weekends is awesome, no traffic at all in the morning. Get's a little congested on the drive home but everyone is still moving along at a great pace with only a little slowdown here and there. Like coming off of Route 3 headed north to get back on 93/95 slows down a bit but everyone keeps on moving.

There's so many options for places to fish down there it's hard to go wrong. There's a few ponds that look great with nice deep water and crazy contours, but I'm finding out a lot of these are primarily trout ponds. Not my jam but could be fun if that's what you wanted to target instead, not sure what the laws on them are down in Mass though. RT-3, RT-24 and 495, any of those ponds down in that area between the three highways there's dozens of options for big boat fishing, can double that if you bring a cartopper instead.

19. Member
    Made it out yesterday and she only got me buy two ?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Made it out yesterday and she only got me buy two ?
    Better than by 20!

We hit Champlain yesterday out of Mallets Bay, did alright, 7 smallmouth between the two of us and I only got two of those. Average size was damn good though, no rats thankfully. My buddy Andrew also got a big cat fish on a blade bait from about 50 feet down off the bottom of one of the humps out there, that was wild. Probably cape bound this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123