Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    That's a great fish for any time of the year

2. Member
    Thanks guys! Followed it up with two more 6's today. 6 lbs 7 oz on the Pats swimbait, and 6 lbs even on the Baby Dozer football jig from Beast Coast Fishing. Southern NH area, water temp still a pretty warm 54-55 degrees for this small pond. Had a hunch that all the rain would drive them up into some key areas, and the hunch paid off...kind of. We couldn't decide which of two lakes to go to, either one has this kind of potential. Literally flipped a coin for it on our way out and ended up at this lake, glad it paid off.

315626954_1356748001802154_7674824569441657584_n.jpg315235056_1356748205135467_7305531170252101836_n.jpg

Nice job Snover.
    I made it out on Thursday to Robinson pond. Nothing big but ended up with 7 on the drop shot.
    Water temp was 54-55.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    Like I say Snover that's very good fishing for any time of the year
    Tim you got out on thur. and that was a good day with 7.. good for you ..:

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Thanks guys! Followed it up with two more 6's today.
    Nice work, getting with the big gals!

6. Member
    Dang man... You are on em this year. Congrats...

7. Member
    Jane and I made it out yesterday from 11:30 till 3:30 .. water was 49* and air 41* very slow fishing .. five small bass and all caught on small cranks in about 3 fow .
    I have to tell you this, as some of you know my problem , I caught 4 and Jane only caught ONE ?
    Water is getting cold, so if you're out on it, play safe !!

8. Member
    I made it out Friday & Saturday. Friday my buddy & i got 51 keeper largemouth which included a couple 4 pounders and several over 3 pounds. Saturday I fished alone. It was not as productive but still got a bunch of decent fish. Water temps still in the low to mid 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Jane and I made it out yesterday from 11:30 till 3:30 .. water was 49* and air 41* very slow fishing .. five small bass and all caught on small cranks in about 3 fow .
    I have to tell you this, as some of you know my problem , I caught 4 and Jane only caught ONE ?
    Water is getting cold, so if you're out on it, play safe !!
    she took pity on you??
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Nice job Everett
    Glad you two are getting out there .
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    I made it out Friday & Saturday. Friday my buddy & i got 51 keeper largemouth which included a couple 4 pounders and several over 3 pounds. Saturday I fished alone. It was not as productive but still got a bunch of decent fish. Water temps still in the low to mid 50s.

Wow that sounds like a great time
    Anthrax

12. Member
    Got out for a few hours yesterday, knowing I'd have to weed through some crappie to get a bass.
    The weeding went fine - a dozen or more, averaging 12"
    20221126_131129.jpg

With a water temp of 36-37, I think every crappie in the system was stacked in here. The screen looked like this for 200'
    20221126_135845.jpg

Might see if the Ramp's open at Massasecum today...

13. Member
    Water is cooling off fast around here. Went out to Greenfield area Friday afternoon after the rain cleared, my buddy and I boated 20 total (9 for me) and he also landed a 5 lb largemouth. One on a jig, all the rest were on jerkbaits. Water temp was holding close to 41 degrees, not a bad trip for 3 hours of fishing.

Haven't been sleeping well and didn't get up on time to make the trek into Vermont this morning, so I stayed local again. First spot was a bust, I didn't mark a single fish for the first two hours, then marked a few and they were all pinned to the bottom. Knowing I had limited time at that point before the rain moved it, I went back to the same spot we hit Friday and that was worth the gamble. Boated 12 more and biggest was 3.9 lbs, every single one on the jerkbait. I tried a bunch of stuff but they weren't having anything to do with anything else, not that I minded. I had to keep changing up my cadence too, there wasn't one clear cut answer to how they wanted it. Water dropped down to 40 degrees even by the time I left, not bad given how cold it got last night.

14. Member
    39 at Massasecum - a little ice forming on the shore north of the launch, but it should be usable for at least another week with the expected weather.

Fished jerkbaits and Silver Buddy on a couple of spots with the deepest rocks near the quickest drops for two hours - nothing going. Got hit with a steady shower and pulled out (then it cleared up of course)

Would have thrown a jig, but I broke it off Saturday right below the FG knot... and I was too dang uncommitted to tie up a new leader :/

Nice job guy's. Glad your still getting out.
    To much work to do. Maybe I can get out next week before everything freezes.
    Nice job Snover, you've had a good year
    Anthrax

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice job guy's. Glad your still getting out.
    To much work to do. Maybe I can get out next week before everything freezes.
    Nice job Snover, you've had a good year
    Thanks Tim. Hoping to keep it going right through the winter finally, we'll see. Last winter should have been my shortest winter not in the boat, the weather cooperated but COVID kicked my butt hard and knocked me out of doing anything for a few weeks. Fingers crossed for this winter, my goal is to not put the boat away. I can live with taking a break 1 weekend though I suppose.

Busy season for you just never ends, huh? Always a good thing!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Fingers crossed for this winter, my goal is to not put the boat away. I can live with taking a break 1 weekend though I suppose.
    Wouldn't that be a dream... I got 3 more years and my kids will be off to college then I'm going to try and make that dream come true. I have uncles in Virginia, SC and Florida. Sounds like a road trip to me...🤣
    Putting boats away is over rated anyways. Drain the water out, charge the batteries and your good to go.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Wouldn't that be a dream... I got 3 more years and my kids will be off to college then I'm going to try and make that dream come true. I have uncles in Virginia, SC and Florida. Sounds like a road trip to me...藍
    Putting boats away is over rated anyways. Drain the water out, charge the batteries and your good to go.
    That's all I do and it works well for me with the boat. I SHOULD spend more time on places like Winni right now to find those wintering holes for the smallmouth to extend my season and save myself and hour+ of driving, but I've got a few good spots in Vermont that I prefer to keep putting the time in on. I drive north well into December for those big deep lakes, then around the end of this month I'll probably head to Candlewood for a trip or two, then down to the Cape area for anything I can get in January and February before things start opening up closer to home in early March. Basically from November through all of February I'm driving at least 100 miles one way to keep it going all winter. Makes for long days but I don't mind it one bit. My cold water fishing confidence is incredibly high thanks to spending basically four months of the year fishing in 40-ish degree water nonstop hahaha

19. Member
    Well hit kingston again today. Shockingly I was the only one there.🤣 Water was 42 and wind was blowing pretty good. Luckily I had watched 603's jerkbait video while drinking my morning coffee so I put that jerkbait to work. Ended up with 5 all on rock piles. Dropped a few more and like an idiot shook 2 off with a jig thinking I was hung up. Nothing huge but any fish through liquid water in december is a win in my book.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    5 all on rock piles.

Good to see effort getting rewarded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast