What’s going on a Anita?

I saw the results from the weekend warriors bass tournament yesterday 10/30. Seems Anita is fishing really hard this year, out of 20 boat only 21 bass weighed in. 0 five fish limits brought in as well….. usually Anita is one of my best places but this year it has really been hard for me to catch a bass over 15” . Do you guys think it is on a cycle of small bass right now? Or is it still good and you just need a lucky day?

2. Member
    Maybe the group of 4lb/5lb have move to bass heaven? Lol fish are like humans they don’t live forever….. ��

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Other than bojio and 12 mile it’s been a tough year everywhere for the most part. I think tourneys are having an effect as well. For example, green valley used to be 21 inch limit with only a few paper tourneys. Now with a 15 inch limit there are tourneys Saturday and Sunday and that has to have an effect on what was one of the best lakes around. Of course lack of rain has also been a big factor.
    Last edited by Phoenix Jim; 11-03-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Other than bojio and 12 mile it’s been a tough year everywhere for the most part. I think tourneys are having an effect as well. For example, green valley used to be 21 inch limit with only a few paper tourneys. Now with a 15 inch limit there are tourneys Saturday and Sunday and that has to have an effect on what was one of the best lakes around. Of course lack of rain has also been a big factor.
    I can't catch anything at 12 for some reason

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    I can't catch anything at 12 for some reason
    That's my favorite lake every club tournament I've fished there has been a top 3.
    John the Garage Doorman

6. Member
    Seems 12-mile has fished really good this year! If you look at the weights in the spring you weren’t in the check line unless you got 20+ I haven’t been there this year but like that place. Last year I did a tournament there in the spring (I struggled) I got my boat out weight my fish and was going back to my truck. A guy had just pulled in beside me. We were talking I ask him how his day was? He said ok. I Told him about mine ect. I then watched him get 23lb out of the live wells Lol. He won (Jordan Hirt) top 3 all had 20+. Amazing how when someone (me) thinks it a hard day there’s others that hammer on them. Lol.
    There actually some really good angles that fish those Creston and HY34 lakes. A few of them have won a nice chunk of cash!! Over the years!!