10/30 p-rose report

Great morning on rose!! Started 7am we got on the main lake rock refs and really harmed them on a crank bait,jig,rattle trap,blade. Also got a few with a jerkbait and Ned. Everything we found had to have rocks close and deeper water close as well. Biggest was 2.99lb. We had lots of nice 2lbs… sure was fun fishing with my friend doesn’t happen much as he works nights and the only morning we can fish on the weekend is Sunday.
    Any other fishing report from this weekend?

2. Member
    Got out on Saturday. I've been taking my kayak out but decided I'd take the boat this time. Went to the same small lake where I'd been getting some really big fish a couple weeks ago. Water was right at 50 degrees. Tried dragging a football head jig, throwing a squarebill, a chatterbait, and spent most of the time using a lipless crankbait since that's what I'd been getting them on before. Fished for four hours and only got one bite on the lipless. Got it about six feet from the boat and it jumped and came off. Probably about a 2 1/2 to 3 pounder, so not a bad fish but definitely smaller than I'd been getting before. Only bait I wish I would have tried was a suspending jerkbait. I had one tied on but for some reason never tried it. It was a beautiful day out though, so that made the lack of bites more tolerable.

3. Member
    That’s cool… this time of year can be hit or miss for me. But the weather was awesome!! Thankfully we were blessed with a good bite. I’m fishing sw Iowa and I’ve really noticed the lake levels being 2-3ft low on everything I’ve fished. I’ve actually been on a few city water supply lakes that are close to 5ft low! Anyway I’m excited to get back on the water this weekend.