Fixing DIYer's Bass Boat, As A Newb.

picked up a 1996 Nitro Savage 884 that was someone else's project boat. No judgements, but is a bit of a mess. He sanded through and silvered the metal flake, then sprayed auto clearcoat with a yellow tint. I spent a week scraping it all off and am down to the silvered metal flake. No real issues there.

After pulling the carpet, I noticed quite a bit of fairing built up under both consoles, so I got to work removing that. After about 6 hours, I'm down to his fiberglass fix, which doesn't look too bad.

My real issue is there is a 2" gap where he cut and replaced marine ply, what is the best method to bridge that gap from his fix to the original boat deck? And please don't say "spackle fairing", I despise that stuff. I also need to know how to best buildup the bottom left corner of the first pic, for some reason the fiber has a nice slope to it and doesnt line up with the original deck.20221029_155502.jpg20221029_155431.jpg

2. Member
    Not saying it's the best way but since it doesn't appear to be structural and is gonna get covered I'd probably just do a bunch of layers on 6oz cloth and resin.

3. Member
    Welcome to BBC. I emailed total boat with pics of a project I did. They sent me very good information and links to there products they suggested. I would say filling the gap with total boats fairing epoxy gap filler. But I'm not a professional by any means.