2011 Skeeter ZX200 /2010 Yamaha Series 2 HPDI / speed issue

Just purchased this rig and I am disappointed/confused in the performance. I just had them go through my motor, on the Dino spec. is 46-51 psi at 5000 rpms. Mine was putting out 54psi so it’s strong and I believe I can rule out the motor. I ran it yesterday with full gas tanks and a fishing load, water temp had to be 50ish and air temp was 60. Hole shot average is 3.8 seconds, rpms were a strong 5900, speed was mostly 61.4 and messing around with trim I got it to 62.1 briefly. I also ran with full tanks and empty, similar conditions out side and I ran 6000 rpms, and top speed was 65 but mostly ran 63-64. I had an older SX190 (2002) and I don’t feel this newer boat gets near the lift as the old one. I am running a 25t1 with a 12 inch manual plate. I did notice there is a wedge on this plate. Most everything I have read says this boat should be 67-72 range consistently. My plate is at 4 dots and with the rpms where they are I don’t see raising it. My PTP is 3 3/8. I feel like I must not have any cup left in the prop and maybe a lot of slip. The previous owner was a wizard on the electronics but did little in the maintenance and performance. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Member
    Definitely sounds like you've got some slip. Even though you're RPM is where it is, I'd still raise the jack plate to 7 dots showing (that's the factory setting) and run it again before you do anything else. And mid to upper 60's is about all it's going to do. My 08 will run 67 on a good day, under the right conditions. I've tried several props, shifted weight around, moved jack plate up and down, etc. trying to gain speed and it's just not there. My current set up is 8 dots showing on the plate and a 25 Tempest that's been worked. My best prop was a Yamaha 25 M that had been worked, but it broke last year. I've tried a couple of different T1's, but neither was as good as the Tempest.

3. Member
    Thank you…. I do have a 25M that I saved from my old Skeeter. I was going to send the t1 to Mark and have it worked on maybe I should send the M and go from there. I also felt like I should raise the plate regardless of the rpms but not gonna lie that makes me a little nervous. Plus with the power poles back there it’s not going to be easy.

4. Member
    I assume your engine is the 2.6 liter? The ZX200 is a very solid hull and isn't known for speed. I agree there is more to be gained with your setup. Talk to Mark about his Razor 4XL prop.
    Last edited by PSM207; 10-30-2022 at 01:22 PM.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

5. Member
    Series 2 HPDI is the 3.4.

If you are using a gps for speed be sure you are reading MPH not KNTs (knots)
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Good point I will double check. Looks like it my be mostly in the prop. I talked with Croxton Thursday and he figured I had 27% slip. I’m sending him my prop after Thanksgiving and once it’s right I will start on the jack plate. Thanks guys!