Exclamation New clubs on the way!

After playing all summer with a $300 set of Strata clubs off Amazon and falling in love with the game I finally went to a fitter/instructor. He measured my clubs which turns out were over 1.25inches short of standard. Hell I didn't know. I gave him a price range and he said instantly he wanted me in Ping G425s in irons and driver. Fitted me for both, had my stance, posture and everything fixed in 10 swings. Started hitting the 7 iron 160 plus (instead of 120) within 5 swings. First swing with the driver went 256 in thr air, longest drive I've ever hit. Clubs should be here this week I can't wait! Anyone else playing these Ping irons or driver?

2. Member
    I'm playing Pings, but mine are Eye2s, circa 1990. I've looked at G425 irons and driver, tested them, and was fitted. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. The only thing holding me back is dropping a couple thousand dollars on a new set.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    G425 are good clubs, irons and woods.

4. Member
    I currently have G410 irons in the bag and just bought G425 MAX driver, 3, 5 woods when the price got slashed after the announcement of the new G430 line.

No substitute for a proper fitting. Enjoy the new clubs.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

6. Member
    Not the particular model but my first fitting put me into G25s. Sometimes I hit them really well and other days its similar to never swinging a club before. Great irons though

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I used to play eye 2 years ago. Looking like some i525s may be headed my way.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

8. Member
    [QUOTE=vandamit;12726812]After playing all summer with a $300 set of Strata clubs off Amazon and falling in love with the game I finally went to a fitter/instructor. He measured my clubs which turns out were over 1.25inches short of standard. Hell I didn't know. I gave him a price range and he said instantly he wanted me in Ping G425s in irons and driver. Fitted me for both, had my stance, posture and everything fixed in 10 swings. Started hitting the 7 iron 160 plus (instead of 120) within 5 swings. First swing with the driver went 256 in thr air, longest drive I've ever hit. Clubs should be here this week I can't wait! Anyone else playing these Ping irons or driver?[/QUOTE
    we need a report on how your new clubs are working .

9. Member
    They are absolutely awesome. I still am not very good but I'm making shots I never dreamed of making a year ago.. If I could just learn to putt now... ��

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    They are absolutely awesome. I still am not very good but I'm making shots I never dreamed of making a year ago.. If I could just learn to putt now... ��
    Glad to hear that you like them and they are helping your game.
    Keep its up. You will figure out the putting with some help.
    It changes over time as you age I have seen.
    Different greens need different strokes.
    New larger grip on my putter really helped-Soft Stroke.

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I got a Set of I525 this year. Love the short irons, still getting used to the 4 and 5. One thing for sure is they are long!
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!