Mercury 4.6 V8 Pro XS typical cost for 100 hour service

As the title above states what is the normal cost for dealer to do the 100 hour service using Mercury synthetic blend engine oil.

How much more to change water pump impeller?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're going to need to price that from the dealer you're going to actually visit. Due to constantly changing parts prices, we do not quote here in the forums.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you Don.

I guess the question was intended to get an idea of what others had paid recently but you gave the correct answer.

In reality I suppose it doesn't matter since I am having it done soon regardless of the cost.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    The price of synthetic oil has really gone up in the last year.....best to sit down.

I can’t speak for your local dealer but here in Australia an annual service runs between $600 and $700, depends on parts. This does not include plugs.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

6. Member
    I did the 100hr service myself and saved. It was pretty easy.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    I did the 100hr service myself and saved. It was pretty easy.
    Not real difficult... but make sure you didn't leave out important items:

Quote Originally Posted by Excerpt from FAQ
    Refer to the Engine Owner's Manual, Engine SERVICE Manual, and the Maintenance Decal that is affixed to the engine (note: The decal even has a QR code that will take you to Mercury's "How-To" videos for specific maintenance items):

Every 100 Hours of Operation, or Once per Year)
    , whichever occurs
    FIRST:

* Flush engine with flush attachment (see engine owner's manual)
    * Check the current Engine Oil Level
    * Inspect the fuel system, lines and filters for any leakage/damage
    * Inspect the engine for loose components/hardware, anything loose in cowling.
    * Inspect and re-torque Engine Mounting Fasteners (Standard Transom: 55 lbs/ft. Engine to Jackplate: 90 lbs/ft)
    * Inspect and re-torque Jackplate hardware
    * Inspect and re-torque Steering Hardware/Cylinder
    * Inspect steering for leaks, top off fluid level and verify no air
    * Inspect and clean exhaust water strainers (see FAQ Section or Manual for details)
    * Change engine oil and filter
    * Inspect/Change Fuel Filter (Note: There should be only ONE filter in each engine's fuel supply)
    * Remove propeller and inspect Prop and Hub for any signs of damage (Correct as necessary)
    * Drain Gear Lube and refill gearcase to proper level (see Manual for details)
    * Lubricate propeller shaft splines: Reinstall propeller and torque to specification
    * Test and Inspect the Thermostat (Function, Clean, No-Corrosion, Spring intact)
    * Inspect Corrosion Control Anodes- Replace if expended
    * Inspect Battery- Confirm clean terminals, and a MINIMUM of 975 CCA for fishing applications
    * Add Quickleen and Quickare to fuel tank (if not already in use... strongly recommended)
    * Inspect Cowling Seals
    * Inspect Hoses/Clamps/etc.
    * Inspect Intake and Filter (where equipped)
    * Inspect Belt
    * Inspect Idle Relief Muffler and Boot
    * Lubricate all Grease Zerks
    * Check for, and address any FAULTS
    * Reset the Maintenance Counter (Diagnostic System Required)

* (Where "Inspect" is recommended, address any concern, wear, damage, or other problem noted)

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Not real difficult... but make sure you didn't leave out important items:

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Hey Don, can a Reset Maintenance on a SmartCraft instrument sub for "Reset the maintenance counter (Diagnostic System Required)?"
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Two different counters in most (if not all) cases. There was talk at one time, but most of the features for that are in VV Mobile as I recall (which is simply an app-module stored value).

10. Member
    Two different counters in most (if not all) cases. There was talk at one time, but most of the features for that are in VV Mobile as I recall (which is simply an app-module stored value).
    Good to know, My SC-1000 System Tach has a Maintenance screen, says it is calibrated to the 100hr service interval, and allows a reset. Is what I have been doing, didn't know there was one in the ECU as well.

SC_1000_Tachometer_Speedometer.jpg

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Good to know, My SC-1000 System Tach has a Maintenance screen, says it is calibrated to the 100hr service interval, and allows a reset. Is what I have been doing, didn't know there was one in the ECU as well.

SC_1000_Tachometer_Speedometer.jpg
    There is. I'll make a mental note to double-check PCM maintenance counter after Smartcraft Reset on something similar if/when we have one here. I have a few customers that would have reset it themselves, but I also know that there was some discussion about it at one time.

12. Member
    don’t sweat the cost of the 100hr ! the 300hr will break the bank ! Ouch!…..

13. Member
    There is. I'll make a mental note to double-check PCM maintenance counter after Smartcraft Reset on something similar if/when we have one here. I have a few customers that would have reset it themselves, but I also know that there was some discussion about it at one time.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    When you record or reset Maintenance in SmartCraft, that is stored in the instrument and website. You CANNOT reset the PCM maintenance counter from SmartCraft instruments or VesselView Mobile App.

Resetting the PCM maintenance counter requires an appropriate diagnostic tool (such as G3-2022).

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper920 View Post
    don’t sweat the cost of the 100hr ! the 300hr will break the bank ! Ouch!…..
    Since mine is almost due for the 300, same engine, what is different on the 300 hr? Cost Estimates?
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    Since mine is almost due for the 300, same engine, what is different on the 300 hr? Cost Estimates?
    You need to price with the actual dealer that will do your service. Something from clear on the other side of the country is really not much help.

300 hr adds the belt, water pump, thermostat, anodes (many freshwater-trailered boats may be in pristine condition), spark plugs in most cases, in addition to all of the 1yr/100hr items.

Just a reminder that we should have only one engine/poster per thread.

Depends on the dealer and their idea of a 100 hr... Some won't change the water pump because the book says not to but we always do just like we've always have.

Price out the parts on<EDIT> and add roughly $300 for the labor (including WP). And that's a "ballpark"

EVERY V6/V8 gets plugs annually because they're (plugs) garbage and will foul out no matter what you do.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 11-18-2022 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Announcements.