Thread: P790 or p770

Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

P790 or p770

Any of you guys playing these. Pros and cons. I have played everything for blades to game improvement and I like the looks of these. I am playing to about a 5 handicap right now and still have good length even though I am in my 60s
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

2. Member
    I have played the 790’s for 4 years. Lighter shafts seemed to help my accuracy. I am a 9 cap and should be better if I get my round count up. 5 was my lowest but that has been a few years ago. I didn’t consider the 770’s at the time of purchase. I can work the ball with the longer irons and the look and feel suit me. My distance is still the same as it had always been over the years. I guess technology has made up for any physical changes. Regripped them with the leather looking DriTech. I used to play the Mizuno MP 30’s which were my favorite irons for many years until I wore them out and couldn’t replace them. Went through some others that weren’t quite right until I made this last switch. I like the 790’s just as much. I hope this helps.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Roddy, I think you'd like the 770s better IMO or do like I do a combo set of irons. You could do 7-P in the 770 and 4-6 in the 790. Best of both worlds.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Roddy, I think you'd like the 770s better IMO or do like I do a combo set of irons. You could do 7-P in the 770 and 4-6 in the 790. Best of both worlds.
    If I were to buy new, I think the combo set is what I would do. I hit a 790 7 iron at a demo day and have a good idea of my fit shaft and lie in it. I may just pick up a used set and get them bent to suit me.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Have ya checked out the PXGs? You can get some really good deals with them right now. I'm playing a combo set and love them.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Have ya checked out the PXGs? You can get some really good deals with them right now. I'm playing a combo set and love them.
    My son is playing the 0211 PXG and I like them pretty well, I hit gen 3 0311 and wasn’t impressed.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

7. Member

2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

8. Member
    790s if you got the swing speed and really good contact patch.