idbefishing

AAPL and AMZN earning reports

Have any of you guys look into these? They report after market close today. I think AAPL will guide down, not sure about AMZN. If they both tanked, SPX gonna go deep red.

2. Member
    AMZN down after earnings. We will see about Apple. It is crazy how the DOW and S&P are trading differently now because of their composition. NASDAQ goes very red and DOW is green. It is a new world order, for now.

3. idbefishing
    I thought it would be down but didn’t think it dropped that much

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    With the little I've been able to see of the mega caps, TSLA looks the best.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    I just sold all of my Apple shares in my retirement account on todays rip. I still own alot of shares in other accounts but it was almost 15% of my IRA. Figured it was time to cash in.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I just sold all of my Apple shares in my retirement account on todays rip. I still own alot of shares in other accounts but it was almost 15% of my IRA. Figured it was time to cash in.
    Wow. You've been long aapl forever.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Wow. You've been long aapl forever.
    I didn't really realize how many shares I had through all my accounts. I seldom look at my IRA and took a look at it today and was just way too overweight Apple. I still think it is a great company so I am holding onto my shares in other accounts but I really needed to rebalance this account. It was almost 100% individual stocks so I am going to add a bit of fixed income. Will probably be 75% equities 25% fixed income by the end of the year.

8. Member
    Sold my Apple at 9% profit today. Was surprised it’s up as high as it is. I’ll take the profit and start a position on AMZN while it’s on sale.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I would like to see AMZN down to 75ish
    Thanos was the hero

10. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Sold my Apple at 9% profit today. Was surprised it’s up as high as it is. I’ll take the profit and start a position on AMZN while it’s on sale.
    They bought the dip today

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I would like to see AMZN down to 75ish
    IMO, anything over pre-COVID levels for AMZN is too much. The correction today brings it down around that level. If it tanks more on panic, then it might be a bargain. This is really the first post-COVID quarterly in my thinking.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    I bought some AMZN at around 110 and by the time the market opened I bought more at 99 just to help my average price.

Doesn't matter if I have to hold it a while to make money on it. I would have loved to bought for around 89. Are any of you guys able to buy or sell after hours.