Mounting pumps in Triton Tr21

Looking for some ideas/pics on where to mount the pumps in battery compartment for two power poles in an older tr21. I have the lift up plate covering the bilge area where spare prop is installed and removable metal plate hanging from the rear of livewells that my charger is on. Just concerned and looking for the easiest place to mount them in event I have to get to bilge or livewell pumps. Thanks

2. Member
    Its hard to say. I mounted both of mine to the plate in the front of the compartment. (Behind livewells) My plate on the bottom side is covered with my charger and 3rd trolling battery and the area the power pole pumps consume in between. (Even though they arent screwed into that plate, they still take up space above it. ) Not sure if you use the storage bins in back, but if you do make sure to mount the pumps low enough on that plate to be able to put the bins back in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    jd,
    I was thinking of dong the same but my concern was if I need to get to pumps is there enough play to unhook pumps while working on the livewell pumps

4. Member
    You'd be able to unscrew em off the plate and get em out of the way. Plenty of slack in the hoses to maneuver em. But if you still have access to your bottom plate, you should be able to work around em. Like mine, i gotta take everything off to get under there.

5. Member
    sounds good gonna try that.

6. Member
    Jd
    did you add the auto drain plug and the battery switch? I was thinking of doing this also.
    Did you ever clean or replace your livewell switch units. I noticed my livewell are leaking some water through the two outside holes and I have this type of switch but can't find a name on it.
    livewell switch.jpg

7. Member
    Yes i added the remote drain plug, and battery cut off switch. Ive not seen that valve on mine but i havent looked in there much either. So i dont know about that.

8. Member
    I installed mine behind the batteries on either side. Doing so let me keep the metal step pretty clear ( jackplate pump on starboard end & spare prop on port end) & allows easy access to all 8 pumps, thru hull ducer, and auto bilge float switch.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC