Follow the Contour not working anymore

Hi gents,

Pretty new here, having a burning question on my Helix 9 MSI+. Especially on the Follow the Contour function in combination with AutoChart Live maps (on a Zeroline SD card) and my MinnKota Terrova 80lbs with iPilot Link (with latest software). Here’s what happened.

A few weeks ago I updated my Helix to v2.750. Since then, Follow the Contour was not showing up any more in my GO TO menu. So I contacted HB Support, and they didn’t had an answer for me. Except bringing my unit to a local dealer. Didn’t do that since I was pretty sure that it was a software related issue. Then I noticed the newer v2.760 version, where I found “Fixed an issue where Follow the Contour would not work correctly with AutoChart Live Contours” in the release notes. Did the upgrade, and FtC was back working again. All good so far, and I really used it for quite a few weeks.

Then I took my unit to the local dealer since one of the SD-card slots wasn’t working any more. The locking mechanism was broken, so when I put in a card it was spitted out immediately by the unit. So I unplugged my unit it and took it to the dealer. The dealer would replace the SD-card slot, but in the end he replaced the whole front, including screen and keypad. But, it all worked. Until I was back on the water again, testing my unit and SD-cards (1. Navionics chart and 2. Zeroline SD card for ACL). I discovered that FtC wasn’t working any more on my ACL map. Did a factory reset on the water but didn’t help me out. Still v2.760 was on my unit, Motor Navigation was On, all navigation was cancelled, prop was on, ACL chart was displayed, selected contour was within ¼ mile, all stuff was succesfully connected (Accessory Test). The GO TO menu showed everything, except Follow the Contour. And the only change compared to when it was still working is the replacement of the front of the unit.

Any suggestions what could have caused this a/o how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Anyone on this issue?

3. Member
    I noticed i’m getting contour not found on mine now

4. Member
    I am no expert, as for some insane reason I only get the follow the contour option in my garage .... that being said, I would check under your options to see if your GPS is looking at the Helix or the trolling motor. When mine works, I seem to remember it is using the trolling motor. Still trying to figure out why it never works on the water though.

Paulski

5. Member
    Same here. I might be doing something wrong but, when I hit the follow contour the head of the motor moves a little but then nothing.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

6. Member
    Don't know if it matters for Helix, however, on Solix Units with older software, at one time, if you did NOT have Autochart Live enabled, the option to FTC wouldn't show up in the GO TO options. FTC no showing as an option in GO TO was fixed with the latest solix software.