Question 193 champion prop question

I have a 193 champion with a 2012 Mercury pro xs I was told a should be running a 25p tempest well the hole shot is great but I’m only turning 5200 rpm and getting poor lift my rpm range is 5500-6000 I know my tack is good because I’m also running the vessel view and tack is spot on any recommendations I know I at least need to get in my rpm range. The boat has an 8in. Set back by the way. Thanks for any ideas motor is a 200 by the way

2. Member
    This place has a set up page for Champs. It recommends a 25 trophy or tempest. Although I'd drop it down to a 24 tempest.

Whats your motor height? Water pressure?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

3. Member
    I’m currently at 3in. PTP water pressure 15-20

4. Member
    Send the prop in to one of the 2 guys that will know what to do with it.

5. Member
    Who would you suggest to work on the prop

http://www.marksprops.com/

One of the best in the business!
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

7. Member
    First, Marks is first class and my go to. I have a 1999 193 Elite 200 Optimax. 8 in jack plate. I run a Tempest Plus 25 with 3.5 pad height. I use one port open, one with a medium plug and one with a small plug. Running all 31 lithiums, 3 in back, one for electronics in left front hatch in front of passenger console. 10 solix up front with Ultrex and 360. Likes to run with full tank. At 5400 I top out at 68. Telling all this as weight distribution easily affects how this boat runs. As noted, mine likes to run with a full tank even though the boat is bow light. I would reset my pad height first to 3.5 or find out why it was set to 3 to start with. Plugs should not affect top end so that is not the issue. If changing pad height does not help and shifting weight to better balance things does not help, then I would consider having your prop checked. As noted there are a couple great prop people. I personally use Marks, and am about to send a Tempest 25P to him today....hahaha...running in the dark can be iffy....GPS or not. I am not suggesting my set up is the best it could be, but that is the performance I get to steer you in the right direction. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone as to how I can improve the setup. Some recommend a 23 or 24 as opposed to 25? Hole shot feels just a little sluggish at first, kinda bogs down for .5 and then off we go in short order. With co and gear and full live wells....what a pig on hole shot.