How dry are things in your area??

I drove by Braddock's Bay Tavern N Grill at Manitou Rd on my way to my subdivision South of it, and I noticed the lot empty, so I slowed down to notice the launch had hardly any water. Salmon Creek bridge at Manitou Rd looked over at nothing but mud, which it explains why my pond is at the lowest I have ever seen it.
    If you would have told me that my pond would be this low at the end of June, I would have said no way it would drop another 4' from the 2' it was down, but here we are in October at @ 6' down, mind blowing. BTW, our dock at the cottage was sitting on the gravel, so we decided not to take it out this yr.

IMG_20221025_145808493.jpg IMG_20221025_145939076.jpg IMG_20221025_145951055.jpg

2. Member
    Man that’s low.. i drove by a pond on my way to work this morning, at full pool it’s maybe 4-5ft deep, typically in the fall it’s about 3/4 of the size, today it was basically dried up. It’s weird though, here in the Herkimer area it seems like it rained weekly in august and September. But looking at the wunderground calendar it only shows 6 days of measurable rain in 3 months.. Mohawk and the canal are at really good levels but elsewhere it’s awful. My Dads cousin has a camp in Chippewa bay and their boat house is basically just mud.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Man that’s low.. i drove by a pond on my way to work this morning, at full pool it’s maybe 4-5ft deep, typically in the fall it’s about 3/4 of the size, today it was basically dried up. It’s weird though, here in the Herkimer area it seems like it rained weekly in august and September. But looking at the wunderground calendar it only shows 6 days of measurable rain in 3 months.. Mohawk and the canal are at really good levels but elsewhere it’s awful. My Dads cousin has a camp in Chippewa bay and their boat house is basically just mud.
    Our place is in Blind Bay, which is right around Chippewa, and I should have taken pictures of our dock and the islands associacion dock down the street, like you said no water just mud and gravel.
    I had a hankering when I had a heck of a time late last August getting my boat back on the trailer at a private launch that it normally has plenty of water in Clayton.
    It baffles me why they did additional winter draw down with water so freaking low most of the summer months.

Praise the Lord, my pond is over 13' deep, so they still have water, otherwise, I would have lost all my fish.
    Last edited by digthemup; 10-26-2022 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling

4. Member
    So where did all our water go. Last I heard the Polar Caps were melting. I would have thought that would raise water levels. It just doesn’t add up IMHO.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    So where did all our water go. Last I heard the Polar Caps were melting. I would have thought that would raise water levels. It just doesn’t add up IMHO.
    Let us know when you find out. Nevertheless, remember that all rivers ultimately run to the oceans, yet like hell, it is never full.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Let us know when you find out. Nevertheless, remember that all rivers ultimately run to the oceans, yet like hell, it is never full.
    I also heard, what comes around goes around so I’m not to concerned. It’s just a matter of time. ;)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I also heard, what comes around goes around so I’m not to concerned. It’s just a matter of time. ;)
    May the Lord bless those words, since I pray we don't get to see this set up again if the Lord blesses us with a summer of 2023.
    ladder down to boat.jpg

How dry are things in your area??

So dry that the fish are leaving the state for Florida. Ba-da-boom.
    Last edited by OBT; 11-06-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.