V20 Power Issues

Hi All,

I purchased a 2017 V20 just under a year ago and have been having some power issues. The boat came with a 31 size AGM cranking battery which was old so I replaced it with a 31 size SLA. For the first few hours of the day there are no issues but usually at some point in the afternoon I will go to crank the motor and it shuts off all my electronics. I can tell from the smartcraft gauge that the voltage drops while cranking and I'm sure this is causing the problem. No issues cranking the motor but it's annoying to have to turn my graphs, livewell pump, etc back on every time I want to make a run. I'm running an HDS live 12 and 9 at the dash and a 9 at the bow along with an elite FS7 for activetarget.

I generally go out of my way to conserve power by keeping graphs in standy with transducers stopped when not in use and I only use my active target sparingly as well. I don't feel like just running the aerator on auto all day should be enough to cause this kind of issue. I know AGM are generally better for this type of application but given my relatively light power consumption I would think a SLA should perform well enough. I had a Triton 20TRX previously running a similar setup on a size 27 SLA and never had any issues.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    2017 Legend V20 SC
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    Bobs Machine Hydraulic Jack Plate
    Lowrance Ghost

2. Member
    I had the same problem with the agm that came in my 2018 V20 so I went with a Lithium Pros cranking battery and haven't looked back. I'm running a 16", 12" Garmins and pumps all day with zero issues now. I also upgraded the graph wiring harness ( Sonar Pros).