Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bravo Props question

So been doing some reading on the Bravo props.
    On my EFi i have a 24p Bravo 1 fs. It runs great on the boat. With the new 250 Pro Xs 2 stroke im putting on I am really doubtfull that ill be able to run the 24 I have.
    Im not a speed freak and prefer better holeshot and handeling as I normally carry everything and the kitchen sink with me since I dont have a garage to put stuff in, so it all stays in the boat.

With doing some reading and mostly on the BCB owners boards a lot are saying that the Bravo props are pretty weak on their pitch. So if you normally run, say a 26 fury that you should go to a 28" Bravo.
    Have any of you all found that to be true? Not that I am doubtfull but man that seems like a lot that they would be that far off in pitch.

I read that a bunch but i run a 25 tempest plus and a 25 bravo xs, but i do read the fury is 1 stiffer than tempest. So maybe only one in my experience not two
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I run a 25p Bravo FS, my favorite everyday prop. I can bang it on the limiter however. I also have a 26p FS worked by Croxton and 8 vent holes that were fun to figure out!! LOL. Better on the top, slams thru the mid-range, but lacks the hole shot the 25p FS has. From what I was told, the 25p FS is just a 24p with cup added.

Borrowed the 25p FS to a friend with a 2013 Cougar 250 Pro XS, he loved the hole shot, but could also bang the limiter.

Some of our lakes around here have speed limits, especially on weekends, so there are places that holeshot wins the game anyways.

If you were closer, we could hit the lake and try them out!
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

Luke, I ran a 26 Bravo XS. Seemed like the perfect pitch for my setup similar to yours. I believe a 25 would be too small. I did try a 27 and did not like it, holeshot suffered. I can't quite remember how many holes I had plugged on the 26 wanna say two. But. FS and XS a little different on the vent holes.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

5. Member
    Luke- Honestly ea prop is a little different. I have a 26xs and a 26FS and they don’t compare out of the hole. The XS smokes the FS. I have a big heavy hull in the Jag and it needs more ventilation to spool up the rpm’s. My guess is that with the 2 stroke you will need at least a 26. I ran a 27 on my Eyra with a 2 stroke and pushed 6150 loaded. When are you getting your new motor? I’d be more than happy to loan you a 26 to try.

6. Member
    I'm not sure if this helps but a 24 pitch Fury 4 blade is roughly equivalent to a 26 pitch Bravo XS on my 250 Pro XS Four Stroke.

All Bravo propellers are the same blades no matter the labels. The barrels, venting and cup are tweaked to make them different in the Bravo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    All Bravo propellers are the same blades no matter the labels. The barrels, venting and cup are tweaked to make them different in the Bravo series.
    I concur, and all are junk unless worked,including Furys
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    I concur, and all are junk unless worked.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

10. Member
    BlueSteel I concur but will say. Bravos are great props and Mercury puts them out there with one thing in mind. Selling props and making one think that you have more than you got. Always nice to say I am running a 30 pitch!!!! But you are running a 28 and then you can run a 27.5 that is actually a 26 with enough cup to call it a 27.5. So many sales aspects. I run two different Bravos and love em but have had them worked. Also have a couple Powertechs. I trust the powertechs more. Just saying
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    BlueSteel I concur but will say. Bravos are great props and Mercury puts them out there with one thing in mind. Selling props and making one think that you have more than you got. Always nice to say I am running a 30 pitch!!!! But you are running a 28 and then you can run a 27.5 that is actually a 26 with enough cup to call it a 27.5. So many sales aspects. I run two different Bravos and love em but have had them worked. Also have a couple Powertechs. I trust the powertechs more. Just saying
    Every prop I have run out of the box has been junk, as you know, when you have enough information on performance, a worked prop will out perform any stock prop.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke your putting on?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

It is a 2 Stroke.
    Right now I have a 26 Fury that i borrowed from a friend to at least be able to run the boat. Its had some cup added to it from what he has said.
    I also have lined up a 25 Fury 3 and a 26 Bravo XS to try.
    I am pretty confident that between those 3 I will find the one I want.
    I am not the type that trys to squeeze every MPH out of a boat. I want handling and load carry and holeshot.

14. Member
    I am just thankful I have never ended up with one of these junk props.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Which one are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Do you honestly believe Mercury or any other prop manufacturer truly pitches the prop blades before sending them out?
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

17. Member
    In the last few yrs I have purchased 3 props from mercury. Not the first was true pitched. Although I thought the bravo props was held to tighter specs
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    In the last few yrs I have purchased 3 props from mercury. Not the first was true pitched. Although I thought the bravo props was held to tighter specs
    I do believe that as well. Years ago I sent my Bravo to Mark to have him B&B it. Saw absolutely no performance difference. Don't take this the wrong way by no means am I bashing Mark.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Do you honestly believe Mercury or any other prop manufacturer truly pitches the prop blades before sending them out?
    I neither believe nor disbelieve. I am just glad I never ended up with one of these junk props. That, or some here just don't know what junk really means.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

20. Member
    my bravo1 fs got damaged and work by mark after first trip so never knew if it was good or bad out of the box? always worked great after the repairs still a great prop
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast