Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They are hand cut and cleaned and yes, they do lay them on a blade face. Polished by media tumblers at Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Do you honestly believe Mercury or any other prop manufacturer truly pitches the prop blades before sending them out?

2. Member
    I have personally gotten props that have run better before I sent them off. I have went through about 28 props on my current motor and think that I have a tad bit of experience with the process plus the props that I went through before the 300R. Ronnie Gilbert is a consistent prop man that 90% of the time will add to your BCB experience. I have tried others that have been hit and miss. Sometimes you get that golden egg off the shelf that can never be beat or duplicated. Had a few of those early in my quest for speed and let them go thinking that their was better out there vs working with set up and what I had. And then you send one out and BAM!!!! 4-5 extra MPH at the same RPM and a better hole shot!!! It is all hit or miss. If you want to chase the rabbit then have a couple of deep pockets. i have settled on four props that are utility or fun. Two are Bravos one Lab Finish and one Ronnie Gilbert special and Two are PowerTech....yes PowerTech VMX three blades one worked by Ronnie Gilbert and other is a hell cat straight out of the box.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

The VMX a is a pretty solid running wheel.

Deleted
    Last edited by bass-action; 11-01-2022 at 05:38 AM.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I have personally gotten props that have run better before I sent them off. I have went through about 28 props on my current motor and think that I have a tad bit of experience with the process plus the props that I went through before the 300R. Ronnie Gilbert is a consistent prop man that 90% of the time will add to your BCB experience. I have tried others that have been hit and miss. Sometimes you get that golden egg off the shelf that can never be beat or duplicated. Had a few of those early in my quest for speed and let them go thinking that their was better out there vs working with set up and what I had. And then you send one out and BAM!!!! 4-5 extra MPH at the same RPM and a better hole shot!!! It is all hit or miss. If you want to chase the rabbit then have a couple of deep pockets. i have settled on four props that are utility or fun. Two are Bravos one Lab Finish and one Ronnie Gilbert special and Two are PowerTech....yes PowerTech VMX three blades one worked by Ronnie Gilbert and other is a hell cat straight out of the box.
    I learned one thing a long time ago when it comes to props.....you never know until you run it.

6. Member
    How much does a little rash affect things?
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    How much does a little rash affect things?
    At 6000 rpm, it could effect alot,such as seals due to vibration.

Let me rephrase my comment about being Junk out of the box. Almost all new props could be Tweaked,balanced and maybe blue printed. I deal daily on tolerances of .0002 or less. Rick Pierce is aware that I will not tolerate anything less. I've have used 3 well known prop guys.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    At 6000 rpm, it could effect alot,such as seals due to vibration.

Let me rephrase my comment about being Junk out of the box. Almost all new props could be Tweaked,balanced and maybe blue printed. I deal daily on tolerances of .0002 or less. Rick Pierce is aware that I will not tolerate anything less. I've have used 3 well known prop guys.
    So which prop guy do you endorse?
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

9. Member
    Just because one has a prop tuned does not mean it is a one time and done. Aside from bumping and hitting obstacles props will suffice cycle metal fatigue. As rpms increase the prop increases in theory in sizes(flex). As rpms decrease the prop will return to its original size. Over time the prop will need re tuned, this is determined by usage. Being a metal guy I am one that believes after each returned cycle it becomes more often the prop needs re tuned simply because of the nature of cycle metal fatigue. Eventually to breaking or cracking a ear in some cases. In my opinion this is what happens with the fury 4 when surfaced. The metal only cycles so much before the inevitable happens. Though compared to the props of older days the newer props are made of better quality.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pops77s View Post
    So which prop guy do you endorse?
    ronnie gilbert seems to rock the bcb boats but marks has been awesome every time I needed him does amazing work--only 2 i know and trust by reputation and seeing the work of mark
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    I run a 26 Bravo XS on my Lynx with a 250proxs 4s and love it.

12. Member
    Best advise that I can give. If you have a prop that runs great, never get rid of it or have it worked to make it better. If you have one you like but is shallow on performance in one area or another then by all means send it out for some performance enhancements from your favorite prop guy. Look at what everyone else is doing with the same boat and proof. You may chase a rabbit that is not reality. Most 20 ft Bass Cats hit high 70’s and that will out run 95% of the field baring the
    small market of go fast boats. If you are hitting a legitimate 80 you will out run some of the flashed crowd and a couple go fast boats. Basically what I am saying is that you have a Cat that by today’s standards are the measurements for all other boats in performance and quality. Run the hell out of it and feel the rush.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

I ran a 26 bravo xs and fs on my 2021 eyra/poles/ bobs/ 4 31 agms. Ran about 76-77. Did not really help the hole shot. This was with the 4s. The 25 bravo hit limiter. I saw 78.x with the 24 fury and it had some more but I didnt... So yes to the op, If you run a 24 fury, a two pitch increase on the bravo to a 26 would be right. My favorite prop was the fury 4 on my 17 puma ftd, man they really jump out of the water, ran one on a my caracal too and it was also the prop for that boat. I never had any fury 4s fling blades but thats a thing fyi
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I ran a 26 bravo xs and fs on my 2021 eyra/poles/ bobs/ 4 31 agms. Ran about 76-77. Did not really help the hole shot. This was with the 4s. The 25 bravo hit limiter. I saw 78.x with the 24 fury and it had some more but I didnt... So yes to the op, If you run a 24 fury, a two pitch increase on the bravo to a 26 would be right. My favorite prop was the fury 4 on my 17 puma ftd, man they really jump out of the water, ran one on a my caracal too and it was also the prop for that boat. I never had any fury 4s fling blades but thats a thing fyi
    I’d like to get my hands on a 25p Bravo XS. I’m not a fan of how the 24p Fury 3 feels on my Lynx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12