Trailer Hub Question

I'm thinking about carrying an extra hub and or bearings just in case the inevitable happens on the road. Do any of you have bearing numbers or part numbers for a 2012 Tracker Trailer?

2. Member
    I would find out what size you need and buy top quality/high end bearings (not made in China junk) as replacements, like Timken, SKF, etc. Don't over grease your bearings and inspect yearly. I carry a spare set of bearings and enough grease to fill the hubs.

3. Member
    Grease the bearings properly twice a year, check for play in the bearings and tighten up as needed and you won't have any failures on the road. My 2010 trailer still has the original bearings on the left side, had to replace the left side this year because I ran over a cinder block someone left in the road that blew out the tire and messed up the bearing a little bit, it was still usable but I replaced it anyway.

4. Member
    We have a specialty trailer/brake and wheel shop in town here they can look at your trailer from across the street and quote the part number for every piece of your trailer going back 50 years. Find that shop in your home town and buy what they tell you. You'll never buy anything for your trailer from anyone else once you find that shop. If all else fails, etrailer.com is a great resource, they have a phone number and email help to get you the right parts.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

5. Member
    BTW, my 2012 Shorelander trailer for my Lund came with a manual and in the manual lists the part numbers for the OEM Timken bearings and seals (for every trailer they make). Try to get a copy of your manual, should have the part numbers listed or your local Tracker dealer should have this information.

6. Member
    I carry a whole hub ready to go. Only takes a couple of minutes to change out. Hell with replacing bearings on the side of the road.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I carry a whole hub ready to go. Only takes a couple of minutes to change out. Hell with replacing bearings on the side of the road.
    This ^^^^ Carrying a spare bearing does no good if the hub and / or spindle get smoked too. My trailer has a torsion axle, I carry two complete spare hubs and the correct tools to change them in a tool box I can easily switch between vehicles.