2015 RT 188 tires

Need new tires, replacing Carlisle ST185/80R13. These only lasted 2 years, lot of bulges and uneven wear. May need new springs. Anyone have a success story, and what brand of tire they went with.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

2. Member
    Maxxis M8008 replaced the original set of Carlisle on my 2015 rt178 two years ago. So far so good with them and will probably go that route again in another two years.

3. Member
    Agreed on the Maxxis, I have been happy with Duro but there are better choices now.

4. Member
    Well lets hear them.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

5. Member
    I pulled the Kenda tires off my Ranger RT tandem trailer in the first year after a local trailer guys let me run a lap in the Provider brand tires. They ran so much smoother and with less bounce. Love them check them out. Good price point too.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

6. Member
    Had a catastrophic blowout last summer and had the tow company/tire dealer replace all three with Caraway ST 921 in ST 175/80/R13.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I replaced the Carlisle's on my 2014 trailer with the "D" rated version in the same size and they seem to be a more rugged tire. No issues the past several years.

8. Member
    Not an answer to your main question but you did mention springs. I strongly recommend you change them now and carry at least one spare. When I had my '14, a spring broke and the fender destroyed the tire before I could pull over safely. Made for a long day as I couldn't find a replacement and had to have the rig towed on a flatbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    Not an answer to your main question but you did mention springs. I strongly recommend you change them now and carry at least one spare. When I had my '14, a spring broke and the fender destroyed the tire before I could pull over safely. Made for a long day as I couldn't find a replacement and had to have the rig towed on a flatbed.
    I too have had some bad experiences with the Ranger trailer springs. My 2014 cracked a spring about 3/4 through and I suffered through a year of tire wear, vibration and other problems before I finally discovered the problem when it broke.
    In 2018, I bought a new Ranger trailer and within a few months had excessive outside tire wear on one tire. While diagnosing the problem, my dealer discovered that the tire had also been rubbing the fender. EZ-Loader, who manufactured Ranger trailers under contract at the time, replaced both springs under warranty.
    I still don’t know how to diagnose spring problems prior to a failure, but I have zero confidence in the ones used on the Ranger 188/178 trailers.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I also had a spring break on my 2014 trailer but I was very fortunate to have been going 2-3 mph when it happened and Tractor Supply had replacements available. So far I’ve not had any issues with my 2018 EZ Loader trailer. I’m thinking that having a spare spring on hand might be smart.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway