O-rings for fuel connector - twist lock

Hello,

I recently acquired an 82' ranger 350 with a Mercury BM 150 hp motor.

~1982 Mercury BM 150hp sn# 6101202

When i went to squeeze the bulb to prime the fuel system / carb, fuel leaked out from this connection.

What are the replacement o-ring sizes? Do they need to be viton?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Best bet is to replace the fitting (female portion).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks & thats what i did!

What water pump kit # is needed for a ~1982 Mercury BM 150hp sn# 6101202

I'm a bit confused when i went to your sight & not seeing a 2.0L 150 hp v6 selection. thanks, aby

4. Member
    On his part site you need to sign in then when it has the part search, don’t use the first page, look at the top right for a button that says “use archived part system”. Use that then search using your serial number, and you will probably have to enter a zero before your number for it to work. Your motors part list will come up and can order from that.
    http://www.mercurypartsonline.net/sc...to_account.php
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

5. Member
    Thanks for the input. I did log in, but didnt put a 0 in front of my serial #. I solely entered it as on the # plate.

I've watched a few videos of people doing various work to similar vintage motrs & a few of them claim they "gap" their plugs. The plugs in my motor are not a traditional electroded plug that u can gap. I should have noted the plugs that were in it... What is the factory recommended plug for this motor? Brand & heat range. If there is a better plug, please advise or if they're plugs to avoid, definitely let me know! Thanks

6. Member
    According to the chart on the parts diagram it looks like the BU8H is the plug that Mercury specs for it, they also list the BUHW, but not sure why. Did read that the BU8H is slightly hotter plug, and best used for fishing and skiing applications where a fair amount of idling is done, keeps the plugs cleaner. The BUHW may be better for high performance applications.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay