Thread: Furnace Issue

Furnace Issue

My camper furnace will not stay on.

The blower blows, I can hear the ignitor click. The air from the exhaust will get hot for a moment, then it gets cold again until the ignitor goes off again. This will continue to repeat.

I have a full tank of propane. The stove works fine.

Please tell me your thoughts or if you have any questions. Thank you
    Last edited by BobR93; 10-23-2022 at 06:50 PM.
    1995 Ranger 491VS
    2023 Yamaha SHO 225HP
    Hummingbird Helix 12
    Hummingbird Helix 12
    Garmin106sv with Livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112

2. Member
    Sounds like the thermocouple isn’t keeping the fire burning when it goes out of the lighting mode. It lites the flame during the lighting mode and it burns for a timed period when it switches mode the thermocouple should keep it burning until the thermostat is satisfied.

Thats my thoughts
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

3. Member
    I'm going through this now. our you sure it is ignitor you our hearing or the gas valve? mine began as blower come on for a few mins and then shut off. never blows warm. ordered a tune up kit - ignitor sail sensor and one other sensor. pulled heater out yesterday and dismantled. found a golf ball size dirt robber nest around ignitor keeping it from lighting. I'll post a pic if I can figure out how.

4. Member
    here is pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Does it have a separate flame sensor, if so it needs to be cleaned
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    I will be looking at it agaain this weekend. I've been searching the internet for and I found a you Tube video that give me several thing to look at.
    I will post what I find out over the weekend. Thank you everyone for your thoughts.
    1995 Ranger 491VS
    2023 Yamaha SHO 225HP
    Hummingbird Helix 12
    Hummingbird Helix 12
    Garmin106sv with Livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112

7. Member
    Buddy of mine had the same issue. Turns out, it can be lots of things. One thing that we didn't know to check is some units have a self resetting fuse. His was bad. Took a mobile rv mechanic to fix it.
    Phoenix 919/Sho 225/solix 15s/ultrex/blades

8. Member
    Last one I fixed it was a bad igniter. You can tell what’s wrong by listening. You should hear fan run. Then you should hear gas valve open. Then you should hear igniter. When I had it apart. I replaced control board Sail switch and igniter. Was fine after that. Was cheaper to replace all parts then having someone else do it.

9. Member
    Sail switch is a common issue.

10. Member
    Sail switch is a easy cheap place to start as mentioned sometimes they just need a cleaning maybe 2 screws holding it in place

11. Member
    If you hear gas valve open. Sail switch is fine

12. Member
    Probably you have already got it figured out, mine was doing the same. Cycle on and off ever since new, purchased out of town and local Jayco dealer said they would get to it when they could. Talked to a guy in service dept. and he said it just sounds like the snap thermostat. Bought a new for around $10 and that fixed it, could believe it was something that simple.