Bandit crankbait for Bull shoals

Bandit lures made a crankbait color called spotted monkey especially for Bull Shoals anyone heard of it? Got it? I’ll pay for 1 in or out of pack I need it for my collection. Thanks
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TE 863 View Post
    Bandit lures made a crankbait color called spotted monkey especially for Bull Shoals anyone heard of it? Got it? I’ll pay for 1 in or out of pack I need it for my collection. Thanks
    I have quite a few Bandits. 100s and 200s. Mostly 200s. Some are almost 40 yrs old. You have a pic of the spotted monkey? Can you describe the color?

3. Member
    It’s black with yellow spots and the belly is black.they made another one that’s called yellow fever it’s the same bait but the belly is yellow.B46 is the color code for spotted monkey.
    Last edited by TE 863; 10-23-2022 at 11:39 PM.

4. Member
    I'll look today. But I don't recall having anything like that.

Not sure why that color would be called a Bull Shoals special. Most cranks used on Bull would be either the Rock Crawler or the Wiggle Wart in shad or crawfish colors.

5. Member
    I was told it was sold a lot in that part of the country.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    I have quite a few Bandits. 100s and 200s. Mostly 200s. Some are almost 40 yrs old. You have a pic of the spotted monkey? Can you describe the color?
    Sent you a message.

7. Member
    I'll look today. But I don't recall having anything like that.

Not sure why that color would be called a Bull Shoals special. Most cranks used on Bull would be either the Rock Crawler or the Wiggle Wart in shad or crawfish colors.
    Here are most of the Bandits I have. No black with yellow dots though.
    9-F49-A16-F-70-B5-464-F-8850-E2-E7-B2-FDDCDA.jpg

8. Member
    That spotted monkey color isn’t that old I don’t understand why no one has it.

Then call them directly and ask ... although they may have been affected by the hurricane, as they are in Florida
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

10. Member
    https://www.lurenet.com/bandit-series-200

look at the Bandit called "Crappie".

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Then call them directly and ask ... although they may have been affected by the hurricane, as they are in Florida
    I called no response I messaged there FB no response. This is going to be one of those baits you walk into a old tackle shop and find and the baits not that old.

12. Member
    https://www.lurenet.com/bandit-series-200

look at the Bandit called "Crappie".
    But it’s not a cool name like spotted monkey

13. Member
    Let us know if you do find your Spotted Monkey crankbait.

I've lived 5 minutes from Bull Shoals lake for the last 20 years and fished it a ton during that time. Both in tournaments and fun fishing with friends. I've not only never heard of the Bandit Spotted Monkey, but I've never, ever heard or seen anyone else use a black Bandit crankbait with yellow spots. I've never used a black crankbait of any brand nor seen anyone else using one on Bull. So, just call me confused (and doubtful) about the Spotted Monkey being the favorite crankbait on Bull Shoals lake. As I mentioned earlier, the favorite crankbait here on Bull has always been the Wiggle Wart. In recent years, the Rock Crawler has entered the mix and is now likely THE favorite crankbait on Bull.

14. Member
    Let us know if you do find your Spotted Monkey crankbait.

I've lived 5 minutes from Bull Shoals lake for the last 20 years and fished it a ton during that time. Both in tournaments and fun fishing with friends. I've not only never heard of the Bandit Spotted Monkey, but I've never, ever heard or seen anyone else use a black Bandit crankbait with yellow spots. I've never used a black crankbait of any brand nor seen anyone else using one on Bull. So, just call me confused (and doubtful) about the Spotted Monkey being the favorite crankbait on Bull Shoals lake. As I mentioned earlier, the favorite crankbait here on Bull has always been the Wiggle Wart. In recent years, the Rock Crawler has entered the mix and is now likely THE favorite crankbait on Bull.
    I was told it was made for that part of the country that’s it. You couldn’t give me a rock crawler they bust out more bills than a dt6. It’s a cool name crankbait and color and I just wanted to find it.

15. Member
    This might work for dyslexic bass

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31409210030...3ABFBMkrWx44Jh

That spotted monkey color isn’t that old I don’t understand why no one has it.
    I don't have it myself, I have some that I mainly used for trolling for crappie. If I did see that color back in the day when I was buying them, I would not have bought it as I would not see it as being a fish catching color compared to the others.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I don't have it myself, I have some that I mainly used for trolling for crappie. If I did see that color back in the day when I was buying them, I would not have bought it as I would not see it as being a fish catching color compared to the others.
    Agree it’s not a pretty color I don’t know why it was supposedly made for that region of the country

18. Member
    If you have one maybe contact a custom lure painter and have him make some. My son swears by this purple bandit that is discontinue but I have got a friend that buys them unpainted and paints them up for him.

19. Member
    Agree it’s not a pretty color I don’t know why it was supposedly made for that region of the country
    You might want to check with the boys at Table Rock, Greers Ferry, Truman and other lakes near Bull.