Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    78 I keep the PP on me also. Very handy.

I have a Rip Tide Terrova with the Standard Remote, Micro remote, and foot pedal. I use both the foot pedal and the micro remote. Have to standard remote only as a backup.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Oh, I thought you needed it (for the MK) to setup boat length, or boat scale, or something like that... I could be mistaken.

Reading up on the Ghost, lots of complaints it seems... not sure if just "you only see complaints, not praise" syndrome - but seems like everyone complaining about creaky/noisy mount, random "prop not spinning" issues, 5 beeps/no easy fix issue, delicate prop, no good in grass, etc...

Bumming me out b/c I was excited to add it into my Lowrance "ecosystem", but now I am re-thinking it. But can't find a 36v Ultrex in stock anywhere it seems.

Will keep researching Ghost, while still looking for an Ultrex as well I guess.
    The remote is required to setup the heading sensor!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Scraps
    All day I think it's the spot lock TM - that is if it suits your fishing style. As far as the anchors, my boat mistakenly came with the PII's, but a miscommunication and dealer never put the Blades on. So rather than staying overnight and having them changeout the poles, I took the boat back home 8 hours. It bugged me from that day on. last winter I upgraded to Blades. They work a little better, more quiet, but look way better, FWIW.

For the troller, usually there are good Black Friday deals. Can also search for discounted gift cards for your purchase.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Count me as another one that would opt for the Ghost over the other upgrades you mentioned. But it's not just for spot lock. Being able to use course lock (assuming you have the TM linked to your Lowrance electronics) allows you to move around on the deck or simply not have your foot on the TM foot pedal all the time. The fact that the Ghost has electronic steering means that you don't have to fight the typical steering torque you get with a standard push/pull pedal system like on the Fortrex. And the amount of pressure needed to steer the motor is exactly the same no matter if you are on speed 1 or speed 10 or if you are in open water or plowing through weeds. The mount is rock solid and the little hook on the head of the unit, even though it's a minor feature, makes deploying the motor extremely easy. One last thing I love about the Ghost is that the power/steering cable comes from the underside of the head and runs right along the mount. That may not seem like a big deal, but because it is positioned like that, I never have accidentally hit my rod, line, or bait on it like I have with a motor like the Fortrex, where the steering cables come out from the front of the head and can be in the way at times.

So it begins...

Thanks all for the input... Hoping I made the right decision, going with a Ghost and 360 Nosecone.

Come on Brown Truck! lol

7. Member
    Congrats. Hope it comes soon and goes in easy.

8. Scraps
    So it begins...

Thanks all for the input... Hoping I made the right decision, going with a Ghost and 360 Nosecone.

Come on Brown Truck! lol

Hmm, don't you wanna think about this for a little bit. hahahaha
    2017 Phoenix 819

On the water tomorrow for testing...

10. Member
    You just need to choose based on your prefered fishing style. You said you are primarily shallow water fisherman. That said you already have 8 foot poles. I have 10' blades on my ride. Don't think you would gain that much switching to 10's. What you would do is gain problems with door, overhang, drive thru, bridge heights unless you put on tilt brackets. Mine are slightly over 9 feet tall on the trailer. Also have Ultrex with a remote that allowed me to keep fishing during a tournament after a steer cable snapped. Was kind of a pain to use while flipping but I survived & got a check. Spot lock awesome ! Poles & spotlock ? Use what works best at the time. Recommend if you go with any electric steer motor get the remote & learn how to use it before you need it. Don't know if steering on Garmin Or Lowrance has steer cables or not, so could be a moot point. I have a Ranger 521L with 250 Pro XS with a 10" Atlass hydraulic plate, 23pitch Fury. Can get up in 1&1/2 feet water with full fuel load & 3 guys seated normal, plate fully raised. Don't have to have 3rd guy bow ride to do it. VERY nice on Okeechobee & shallow Ohio lakes I fish. Also when running certain rough water situations can raise plate some & actually smooth out the ride some. Also running 4 group 31 lead/acid batteries & 1 lithium for electronics & poles & have to admit to carrying enough tackle to stock most mom & pop stores. Don't win every race in the morning, but don't lose them all either ! Tried to get set up for whatever I fish from Erie/St.Clair to Okeechobee & everything in between. Shallow or deep. Do I need or even use everything every time out ? Not necessarily, but pretty happy with thought that I am prepared for wherever I decide to wet a line whatever the conditions. 10 foot Erie waves excluded ! At the end of the day just decide what YOU need to be able to do what YOU want. Upgrade/change as you see the need. Doesn't matter if it's boat, troll motor,electronics, batteries,poles or whatever. This is what I have learned from 5 bass boats 16&1/2 to 22 feet in length & 40 years later.

So put it in today to do calibration, setup and testing etc... Very impressed. And very happy. I was wrong about spot lock, I'll admit. Definitely found it useful today even in shallower water. Also very happy with the 360... have wanted that since I got the boat, and can't wait to use it more. Used the remote as well, pretty handy, glad I bought it. Esp useful when on constant and can just tap the button for slight course adjustment. Haven't gotten into more advanced route following or contour following or stuff like that, mostly today was just checking everything out making sure all worked etc.

Thanks all for suggestions and help in the thread

Bonus now with the more efficient TM I likely can go with 50ah Lithium's if I decide to upgrade those as well.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So put it in today to do calibration, setup and testing etc... Very impressed. And very happy. I was wrong about spot lock, I'll admit. Definitely found it useful today even in shallower water. Also very happy with the 360... have wanted that since I got the boat, and can't wait to use it more. Used the remote as well, pretty handy, glad I bought it. Esp useful when on constant and can just tap the button for slight course adjustment. Haven't gotten into more advanced route following or contour following or stuff like that, mostly today was just checking everything out making sure all worked etc.

Thanks all for suggestions and help in the thread

Bonus now with the more efficient TM I likely can go with 50ah Lithium's if I decide to upgrade those as well.
    would go with our 60 ah .. 20 percent more capacity

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    would go with our 60 ah .. 20 percent more capacity
    Ok 20% more capacity, but at 57% higher cost (compared to the Ionic 50ah) Can you PM me BBC price of 3x60ah and 1x120ah Cranking/Deep both Premium line please?

Is the Impulse 60ah actually a 60ah battery, or a 54/56 "rounded up" to 60.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ok 20% more capacity, but at 57% higher cost (compared to the Ionic 50ah) Can you PM me BBC price of 3x60ah and 1x120ah Cranking/Deep both Premium line please?

Is the Impulse 60ah actually a 60ah battery, or a 54/56 "rounded up" to 60.
    PM sent . It is a true 60 ah battery. Your comparing apples to oranges when comparing a Ionic 50 ah to a Impulse 60 ah. Impulse has a full 10 year ( Non prorated warranty) vs a warranty that starts proration after year 5 in the case of the 50 ah you are paying near half the cost of the battery ( 150.00) after year 5 if you have a problem. Our 60 ah platinum uses grade A cylindrical cells where the Ionic uses prismatic cells. The Ionic battery is not a bad battery the Impulse is just on another level. If Ionic sold a 60 ah battery what do you think the cost would be 450.00 maybe ( maybe more) ? You still have prismatic cells, you still have in reality only a 5 year warranty where its not costing you anything out of pocket. That Impulse battery with better components and the 10 year repair or replace with no out of pocket cost (outside of return shipping) for 10 full years is costing say $75.00 more ( half the proration cost if something happens to your ionic after year 5) thats 15.00 a year ( 1 jackhammer) or $1.25 a month for 5 years of extra warranty. So if we throw out the better component aspect of the Impulse and just look at it from a warranty standpoint the Impulse would still be a way better deal.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-01-2022 at 02:27 PM.

15. Scraps
    Dayem. That setup even LOOKS nice.
    2017 Phoenix 819

well in true "I want it" fashion, I've already wound up with 3 of the 4 off the list lol. Ghost was first, then switched over to Lithiums, and then upgraded from the older CM1 PRO II's to the current CM2 Blades (but stayed with 8ft). And I am really, really leaning towards the Bobs now as well.

Last edited by 78Staff; 03-21-2023 at 08:43 AM.

17. Member
    I have all the listed items and love them all no regrets.

18. Member
    To me spotlock & live scope go hand in hand & the others in whatever order benefits you the most in you personal situation.

19. Member
    Spotlock for sure. If you do any crappie fishing it is a game changer.

Just get it all…you know you want it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123