Smart Home Product - Inovelli Products & Company PSA

Just a quick PSA for those that are into home automation. I'm pretty big into smart homes and such, I enjoy playing around with it.

That said, avoid Ivonelli switches. I paid almost $800 for switches pre-order back in May, they were supposed to deliver in September originally but slipped due to technical issues and supply chains which I was fine with.

Fast forward to this month, the switches are through customs and Ivonelli has them in hand via their distributer (Z Wave Products). They distributer started making online sells themself (encourage by Ivonelli) and shipping them before any pre-order customer orders was sent. On 8 October I received an email that my switches would ship the following week.

I work out of state so taking leave and getting home is a process. Anyway, based on Ivonelli's email they were being sent. The email was very specific... "Switches will be shipping to your house next week!". I planned a trip home the following week based on this message and anticipation of the switches arriving. Guess what? The switches didn't ship and still haven't. So I'm out vacation time and the cost to get myself home. I'll certainly live, it's not that big a deal, it's dissapointing for sure and Ivonelli not willing to take any actions to fix it.

When I asked Ivonelli about it and why they allowed their distributer to accept and ship orders before all the pre-orders were shipped out. I don't think I'm out of my mind to think the fact they used our money to build and buy the order that we should take priority? When I questioned Ivonelli if he was going to put more resources toward the problem he caused...his response was that "these are not life saving devices". I rightly (I think) took that as insulting, I know they are not life saving but I relied on they're own word that my switches were shipping.

While I'm sure there are many that want their switches as well but I had a bit of a unique probmen. So instead of contacting me directly and see how he could address the problem, he simply refunded the order, which I have not seen, seen no notification that he has refunded the money or any indication It is pending on my credit card. I'm question if he even refunded me the $$

Bottom line, there are other smart wall switches, these are nothing special just newer. Ivonelli is a small company, 4 people according to them, so be concerned with their capacity to deal with and handle adversity, which was shown in the case with my situation. They just don't have the capacity to deal with problems and try to shift the blame to the customer when inquired about the problem. You would best be served to just avoid Ivonelli products at all costs and avoid any heartache and headaches when things go wrong.

Yes I am pissed at them, so this post can be taken as you wish but in my view they have shown to not be trust-worthy.

Thanks
    Last edited by mastergun; 10-23-2022 at 05:04 PM.

2. Member
    Sorry to read about your issues. I do not know why a startup would not try to make things right with customers. Trying to grow fast and robbing Peter to pay Paul never works.

I am so out if touch with home automation. I know nothing about these switches.

At our house, I do not even know which 3-way switches goes to which lite. I just keep trying until the given lite goes on/off.

Good luck with getting some kind of resolution.