Thread: 2022 Vexus 181

2022 Vexus 181

3FEDFE3A-34D9-4107-8BBE-1A37447A27C5.jpegI purchased this model in September and now have enough hours to provide some input about the boat and how it performs. The boat is quite and stable while fishing with the trolling motor down. Track’s well and seems to glide on the water. Handles choppy waters and windy conditions very well. No bouncing or side to side jerking going into the wind or waves. Cockpit seating is very comfortable and you set high enough to see beyond the bow. There is ample space for two anglers, tackle storage is sufficient and the rod box will hold a dozen or more rods with ease of access. The hydraulic steering, remote drain plug and fold down cleats are standard on this model and are very nice additions to have. The front live well is there if you need it, but I use it for storage or a cooler for food and drinks. The moving of the gas tank forward under the console seats has really made a big difference in performance and overall balance compared to other tins that I have owned. The back compartment that holds the batteries and charger is open and spacious with room to add pumps for poles or any additional equipment. The transom is made with 125 gauge aluminum and bracing. I’m not big on going fast so the max 75 Hp Mercury four stroke equipped with a 13x17 Spitfire x7 prop is a good set up and performs well. I can cruise around at 28 to 30 mph and use very little fuel. Full throttle is 5000 to 5200 rpm and with half tank fuel, gear and partner you can expect speeds between 35to37 mph. Solo I can see speeds at 38 to 39 with the right condition’s. I hope this helps on any decisions regarding a tin boat purchase in your future. I really enjoy my 181. #BunchMarine/MikeCrudele
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danhobby; 10-24-2022 at 09:21 AM.

2. Member
    That's awesome. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy that boat.

Congratulations on the boat. I have had my 2021 AVX181 for about a year and love it so far. Agree with everything you said. My only complaint so far is in rougher water it can be a wet ride but other than that I have been very happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Thanks, I believe this is a good model, only time and use will tell. The only thing that bothers me is trying to put the cover on and no matter how carefully you are I find scratches after fishing trips. Enjoy your boat also!

Quote Originally Posted by danhobby View Post
    Thanks, I believe this is a good model, only time and use will tell. The only thing that bothers me is trying to put the cover on and no matter how carefully you are I find scratches after fishing trips. Enjoy your boat also!
    I haven’t noticed a lot of scratches. I had a lot of frustration with the cover when it was new but after using it for a while it seems to stretch and is much easier on/off now.

6. Member
    I concur with all. Lol. I have same boat with the 75. I go way fast enough. Yes I’m getting blown away by big ol’ glass boats but when I’m in my buddies boat going 60-70 miles an hour I’m holding on for dear life even though they are in total control. It’s not for me.

I have the spray on liner. No carpet. It makes the boat loud and the doors aren’t carpet right when closing. I’m trying to find someone locally to do a “sea deck” or similiar material. I know Vexus doesn’t use sea deck anymore. They moved to a different company. I have the name but I can’t recall right now. Haven’t had any luck finding an installer.

mall in all for this size boat I’m happy. I fish off it with my 2 kids. We have zero issues. Or I’m fishing with 1 other adult friend. No issues.

rhis is my first boat. Once they taught me how to trim up and down while on plane the boat glides. My buddy has a 1880. New this year also. That boat rides awesome! I just didn’t want that much boat. Even though it’s only a few inches longer. It’s a much larger boat.

im happy. It’s tucked away for winter at my dealer. I need my center glove box fixed over winter and I’m adding a 31 agm crank and target lock for my Xmas gift to myself. My buddy didn’t like mega live so he gave it to me. Was only 3 months old so I said well might as well getcthe target lock being I didn’t have to buy the mega live.

7. Member
    Yes agree rough water is a wet ride compared to my buddies 1880. Especially with turns. Lol

8. Member
    Totally agree the vinyl or spray liner are much louder. My prior boat (Tracker) had the vinyl and was easy to keep clean, but a lot more noise when fishing. The 1880 is a nice boat as you stated. I just couldn’t see paying the difference between the boats for 40 extra horsepower. Nice of your buddy to gift you the Mega live. Enjoy your boat.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhobby View Post
    Totally agree the vinyl or spray liner are much louder. My prior boat (Tracker) had the vinyl and was easy to keep clean, but a lot more noise when fishing. The 1880 is a nice boat as you stated. I just couldn’t see paying the difference between the boats for 40 extra horsepower. Nice of your buddy to gift you the Mega live. Enjoy your boat.
    I thought that also until I got on his. Totally different animal. Rides like a glass boat. Wider. Totally different storage. deeper boat so he can't get as shallow as me or at least is afraid to. lol I'm happy though. yah mega live was a surprise for sure. He didn't like it. Just doesn't like all the tech. Said if I could take it out it's mine. So needless to say it was out 1 hr later.