Inline power switch for my 24v ultrex

I have a 2000 201D Cobra, I am considering putting in an inline power switch for my ultrex 24v trolling motor. My question is can I remove the 50 amp circuit breakers on my two positive leads going to the trolling motor. I would put the power switch in their place, any downside in doing this. Originally my boat had a 12/24 trolling motor. I hooked my batteries in series to get 24v to my trolling motor. Any info would be appreciated.....Sam

2. Member
    I would put the 50 amp circuit breaker in series with the 24 volt to the trolling motor. Serves as disconnect and your still protected from over current.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

What is the point when the ultrex has it's own switch? I also would never remove or disconnect the breaker
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Should be a 60 amp and should be off when charging batteries.
    This is what i use
    https://www.bluesea.com/products/714...face_Mount_60A
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

5. Member
    OU1DADGUMIT - True Ultrex has its own switch, but I have been told it is better to unplug the Ultrex or have an inline switch to turn off power to trolling motor when charging? 1BADAIR thats exactly the kind of breaker/switch I am looking for, thanx for the info.....Sam

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Should be a 60 amp and should be off when charging batteries.
    This is what i use
    https://www.bluesea.com/products/714...face_Mount_60A
    I have used these on every TM I have owned and have used them on Power Poles, Talons and main power (different amperages of course). They work awesome.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    I converted from a 12/24 troll motor to a 24 volt Force troll motor. There were four cables (2 positive with in-line breakers and 2 negative) running from my TM batteries to the bow. I disconnected one positive wire and breaker at both ends and one negative wire at both ends. I replaced the 50 amp breaker in the remaining positive wire with a 60 amp breaker. I used the remaining negative wire to connect to the batteries. Connect the two batteries in series by jumpering from negative to positive on the batteries. I replaced my original TM connector at the bow with a Battery Tender high current connector. The Battery Tender connector is 100 amp rated, rugged, and easy to quickly connect. I would use the Battery Tender connector in place of a switch. Hope this helps.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200