Thread: High rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High rock

Anyone been to high rock lately? How did you do?

2. Member
    It has been hit and miss for me the last couple weeks. A few good ones here and there. About to head out now. Water is up 1-2ft from average lately. Pretty clear for HR.

I’m going Saturday to show a friend around that’s never been. Where have the fish been

From the results from the Carolina monster bass this past weekend it looks like it may be a little tough, 2 fish over 4 pounds and like a 4.89 won it. Just pick up a crankbait and spinnerbait and go fish that's all I can tell you I haven't been.

5. Member
    Didn’t have much luck today. Caught one decent fish on a dock in the back of a creek. Tried main lake flats, and shallow pockets. Pretty windy. If you find out let me know lol. Because I can’t find them!

6. Member
    How was it?

Well i get to ramp and there's a 150 high school teams, so after searching for a parking place I go fishing. Fish a little in the mouth of second no bites I go to tamarc, some guy on the dock holding rods and tackle bag so I pick up this random. Well, we go over to the bridge pick up a crank get a bite first 20 feet lose it go another 20 feet, another bite loses it, get to the corner catch a dink. Get cut off by guy after he sees me catch a fish, comes all the way across from other side to do it. Fished around caught plenty of dinks, finally catch a nice keeper on a tire, We are on a solid goodyear radial pattern! Caught plenty of dinks was really on the juice, got tired of saying ding all day. Ended up catching 4 nice keepers and a pile of knot heads, tire pattern didn't hold up couldn't find any more. I know a guy he was on a lawn mower pattern it did not hold up either. The guy I picked up was a good fisherman and could skip well, I named him skip. Most of the high schoolers must have went to abbotts cause I did not see that many.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Loco View Post
    Well i get to ramp and there's a 150 high school teams, so after searching for a parking place I go fishing. Fish a little in the mouth of second no bites I go to tamarc, some guy on the dock holding rods and tackle bag so I pick up this random. Well, we go over to the bridge pick up a crank get a bite first 20 feet lose it go another 20 feet, another bite loses it, get to the corner catch a dink. Get cut off by guy after he sees me catch a fish, comes all the way across from other side to do it. Fished around caught plenty of dinks, finally catch a nice keeper on a tire, We are on a solid goodyear radial pattern! Caught plenty of dinks was really on the juice, got tired of saying ding all day. Ended up catching 4 nice keepers and a pile of knot heads, tire pattern didn't hold up couldn't find any more. I know a guy he was on a lawn mower pattern it did not hold up either. The guy I picked up was a good fisherman and could skip well, I named him skip. Most of the high schoolers must have went to abbotts cause I did not see that many.
    Best fishing report in the history of Bass Boat Central.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

I caught 2 first thing off a crankbait. One nice one. After that it sucked for us. My buddy caught one off a spinnerbait. We missed some on a jig and they were probably small. I broke a big one off at the end of the day.

10. Member
    On a side note , not to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how far they are dropping the water in December.

Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    On a side note , not to hijack your thread, but does anyone know how far they are dropping the water in December.
    Rumor has it 8 feet

12. Banned
    Wish they would do it sooner and leave it that way

13. Member
    Was headed to the Rock the other day an my buddy stood me up. So, there I was, standing on a dock at Tamarac trying to decide what to do when this kindly feller in one of them fancy bass fishing rigs pulls up and asks if I'd like to do some bass fishin. He was kinda a nervous, twitchy dude who could hardly stand still for more than 10 seconds, but I figured what the heck an jump in. We take off like a skert rabbit an one of his pricey lookin fishing poles goes flyin off the side. He don't seem to be too concerned, an don't even crack the throttle. He yells over the wind that he loses rods all the time...gee. Get to his first spot lickity split where the feller picks up a crankin stick. He looks back at me an says "ya might just like to watch out", an he does seem fairly dangerous with treble hooks, cause his hands was all scarred up where he'd been diggin them hooks out. Feller then starts hookin 12" fish an hollern for the net. He was making such a fuss these other fancy rigs head over toward us to see what’s up an he gets mad so we move on. We burn about 20 gallons of gas runnin all around, an lose a rod or two more that he says was broke from steppin on them when finally, the feller catches a fish out of an ole tire. Was somthin to see, but as there was only that one tire, his pattern run out pretty quick like. I think this feller drinks too much coffee. He like to never stand still, hoppin all around, he was a tellin about how he hooked this bigun a few weeks ago an he was in such a hurry he back-lashed his own reel while settin the hook. Said it was an awful mess with line all wrapped around him an the reel. Finally, the feller he was fishing with reached down and grabbed the line. Being all tied up in the line comin off his reel he counldn't even help net the fish, but the other feller thunk quick an hand lined that bigun in then flip it over the side. Turns out that one fish won the whole dang tourney...was some tall tale wonder iffin it was true. Anyways after some time I had to go, so the feller dropped me off back at the landin. Wouldn't take no gas money, just said he was gonna do a bit more crankin an asked if maybe I had a few bandaids in my tackle bag, just in case…..he sure was a twitchy feller.

See y’all soon. Skip
    Last edited by Skip-007; 10-31-2022 at 11:39 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip-007 View Post
    Was headed to the Rock the other day an my buddy stood me up. So, there I was, standing on a dock at Tamarac trying to decide what to do when this kindly feller in one of them fancy bass fishing rigs pulls up and asks if I'd like to do some bass fishin. He was kinda a nervous, twitchy dude who could hardly stand still for more than 10 seconds, but I figured what the heck an jump in. We take off like a skert rabbit an one of his pricey lookin fishing poles goes flyin off the side. He don't seem to be too concerned, an don't even crack the throttle. He yells over the wind that he loses rods all the time...gee. Get to his first spot lickity split where the feller picks up a crankin stick. He looks back at me an says "ya might just like to watch out", an he does seem fairly dangerous with treble hooks, cause his hands was all scarred up where he'd been diggin them hooks out. Feller then starts hookin 12" fish an hollern for the net. He was making such a fuss these other fancy rigs head over toward us to see what’s up an he gets mad so we move on. We burn about 20 gallons of gas runnin all around, an lose a rod or two more that he says was broke from steppin on them when finally, the feller catches a fish out of an ole tire. Was somthin to see, but as there was only that one tire, his pattern run out pretty quick like. I think this feller drinks too much coffee. He like to never stand still, hoppin all around, he was a tellin about how he hooked this bigun a few weeks ago an he was in such a hurry he back-lashed his own reel while settin the hook. Said it was an awful mess with line all wrapped around him an the reel. Finally, the feller he was fishing with reached down and grabbed the line. Being all tied up in the line comin off his reel he counldn't even help net the fish, but the other feller thunk quick an hand lined that bigun in then flip it over the side. Turns out that one fish won the whole dang tourney...was some tall tale wonder iffin it was true. Anyways after some time I had to go, so the feller dropped me off back at the landin. Wouldn't take no gas money, just said he was gonna do a bit more crankin an asked if maybe I had a few bandaids in my tackle bag, just in case…..he sure was a twitchy feller.

See y’all soon. Skip
    The 2nd best fishing report in the history of Bass Boat Central.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip-007 View Post

See y’all soon. Skip
    Well there are several from High Rock that fit that description.

16. Member

Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfriend View Post
    Well there are several from High Rock that fit that description.
    I think fish and fowl loco must have picked him up??? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    I think fish and fowl loco must have picked him up??? LoL
    I ran by Tamarac last saturday they was three guys standing on the dock holding rods and a tackle bag, I kept going. Going this saturday don't think anything big going on, may go and lean hard on the juice see what happens. It may be cider it may be vinegar, I think skip going to skip this one.

Joel.... you ok bud?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Joel.... you ok bud?
    Funny you asked that, after we fished a while skip said I can't believe you picked up a stranger up at the dock. He asked what if I was some psychopath? I looked at skip and said what are the odds of two psychopaths being in the same boat?
    Now josh we have been friends a long time you know I'm a little crazy.

20. Member
    I wish with Joel my brother. That's makes me psychomaniac!! 😵*💫

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast