Thread: Z-Man StingerZ

Z-Man StingerZ

Little boot tail, fished them for crappie a week ago on Table Rock swimming them over brush piles. Caught 10 keeper sized crappie which is a good day for crappie, Table Rock not being what you'd call a crappie hot spot. The little boot tail kicks really well at slow speed, I used a 1/10 oz jig head. Neat little bait and if you glue them to the jig head, they last forever.

Z-Man Stingerz Micro Finesse 8pk - Tackle Warehouse

Crappie.jpg

Great bucket of good eating crappie

Good review! I’ve been eyeing that new “micro finesse” series from Z-Man for early season and even ice crappies.

More broadly, I’m a weird spot with Z-Man swimbaits. I love Z-Man plastics for a lot of things and so it seems like a swimbait that won’t tear up is a no brainer. I just have a hard time trying to place their different options in line with what I “know” of existing (traditional plastisol) options. Closely related is that I’m also a little leery about trusting that they’ll swim well…or at least as expected. Elaztech has a ton of great properties, but in some situations with baits kicking/flapping it definitely seems like it doesn’t act the same way a plastisol bait in the same shape would. So this is really helpful! Thanks!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Dang it, posted the wrong link, actually it is the FryZ. My apologies.

Z-Man Shad Fryz Micro Finesse 8pk - Tackle Warehouse

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Good review! I’ve been eyeing that new “micro finesse” series from Z-Man for early season and even ice crappies.

More broadly, I’m a weird spot with Z-Man swimbaits. I love Z-Man plastics for a lot of things and so it seems like a swimbait that won’t tear up is a no brainer. I just have a hard time trying to place their different options in line with what I “know” of existing (traditional plastisol) options. Closely related is that I’m also a little leery about trusting that they’ll swim well…or at least as expected. Elaztech has a ton of great properties, but in some situations with baits kicking/flapping it definitely seems like it doesn’t act the same way a plastisol bait in the same shape would. So this is really helpful! Thanks!
    I am in a weird spot with z-man for most techniques. I love their plastics in theory, but when I've tried them I tend to get bit far more on traditional plastics. I think the salt / scent is just a big deal with smallies around me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Thanks for the link i'll be picking some up to try on crappie this weekend.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post

Same here, some of their stuff is so buoyant and there is probably a modification or trick to make it work like I want but I tend to go to my old reliables.