Looking at a CX 21 Pro

I’m currently looking at possibly buying a new CX 21 Pro and was interested in how it is performing with the sho.

2. Member
    I can't give you numbers on a CX21 but I can give you a comparison on the CX20 model. I have a CX20 with the Mercury and a good friend of mine has the CX20 with the Yamaha. I have run 74.5mph with mine and he has gotten up to 76mph with the SHO. Most likely due to slight variations in set up. I do have a dual console and he a single. The one main difference I see is the hole shot. Those SHO's have incredible hole shot in the shallow water. I really like the Mercury and he really likes the Yamaha so I would say you can't go wrong with either one. Hope this helps a little on your decision.

3. Member
    Sho may have a little more top end speed, that’s what I noticed. The wait times to get a sho is months and months, both are good but the boat itself is even better.

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the information. Hopefully I’ll be in one pretty soon.

5. Member
    When buying a newer used boat always check the units to see what year they are. I bought a CX21 from a guy in Texas and after about a week or two I had one of my Live units making a noise (the fan) . Called lowrance to find out the unit was a 2018 model. Just be careful and good luck with your shopping. By the way you will really like the caymas.