Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky1 View Post
    Sorry about the "irrelevant comment "
    No need to apologize. Those who purchase a high end bassboat expect to get every ounce of performance out of it possible, me included. Whether there is a need to go over 65, many of us want to get all of the performance possible out of rigs and enjoy dialing them in to get there. I get the "never caught a fish going 70" mindset, but don't disparage those who want to get the full potential out of their rigs. FWIW, my Z520C requires some driver's input above 70 but actually I enjoy that part of it. At that point, I know I'm getting every thing it has to give. Tight lines
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    If you add weight to the rear of the boat and it develops walk, raise the motor 1/4 inch at a time till desired results. Opposite if it stops walking with weight added.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Staveman View Post
    May take you up on that if the rep doesn't come soon. Thank you!
    Retired and free about anytime unless it's snowing, raining or 30 mph, can't take that weather like i use to.

4. Member
    I have a caymas cx19 that will chine walk at 65 like a rocking horse.... unless I have weight in the boat. I usually run pretty light....just me, no poles, and not alot of tackle. If i run full livewells when by myself, I don't get it near as much. If I run with a person, it just about goes away. I would be that by yourself, you don't run enough weight to keep the ass end down and it walks. If I run a run a prop with less lift, I don't get the walk... but who wants a prop that won't lift? LOL

5. Member

Question Chine Walk Same Boat Same Here

Quote Originally Posted by Staveman View Post
    I have a 2022 Ranger Z520R. I have owned 3 rangers before this one. I never had a Ranger to chine walk until now. It starts to walk at 65 mph. I had a Ranger rep come ride with me. I was embarrassed. We could not make it walk. I told him, the only thing i did different was I hadn't filled it with fuel. I ran it several trips without fueling up because I was having trouble with the fuel gauge no being correct. I was just going to see how low I could run before it would move on the gauge. The rep said more fuel on board would only make it better as far as chine walk. The next trip out I filled up with fuel. I added 22.5 gallons. It is back. The walk is uncontrollable. I and a couple of friends all with plenty of experience cant drive through it. It only gets worse with any combination of jack plate or trim until you trim it down enough to get under 65 mph. I talked to the rep about it he is going to come ride again. I noticed in another thread where BUB Tosh on instagram running his Z520R at 74.1 MPH with no chine walk. If you will notice he only had 15 gallons of fuel on board according to the gauge. Any Ideas how to fix the chine walk or at least make it tolerable? I have ran a 23p 3 blade fury and a 24p 4 blade bravo, not much difference as far as chine walk. I will try to post after the rep rides again. Love the boat other than the chine walk and a few other little glitches.

Hello, I have the same problem with my 2022 Z520R. Scary chime walk when boat gets to 62-64 MPH. When I have a passenger it is not as bad but still occurs. Have you found a fix? I have Hyrdaulic jackplate and 23P prop. My thoughts is I need more weight as I have Lithium batteries. Ironically my salesman asked me "How are you with Chime Walk?"
    Todd from Tennessee

6. Member
    Hello, I have the same problem with my 2022 Z520R. Scary chime walk when boat gets to 62-64 MPH. When I have a passenger it is not as bad but still occurs. Have you found a fix? I have Hyrdaulic jackplate and 23P prop. My thoughts is I need more weight as I have Lithium batteries. Ironically my salesman asked me "How are you with Chime Walk?"
    Todd from Tennessee

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd47 View Post
    Todd from Tennessee
    raise your plate to 7 or 8 and test need it about 3.25-3.5 below pad and on mine this is at 7-8 on gauge
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    You can always raise the jackplate. It will stop walking if you do that. When I purchased my boat, I could run 73. It runs 70 now, but that is probably due to the prop getting a little nicked up at the boat ramp by rocks and sand.

9. Member
    My '23 Ranger walks starting at 65-66 as well. It goes away with 2 people in the boat. The heavier the boat is the better the ride. I can control the walk when I have the jackplate set at 15% on Ranger Ride and the Trim is at 60%. I've found that setup gets the most speed out of the boat as well.

Also make sure your boat is balanced correctly. Try to even the boat out by not having to much weight on one side of the boat.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123