Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Reveal is December 1st. Yes, the new 3 in 1 is an upgraded transducer capable of frequencies over 1 MH.
    Is this “new” 3-in-1 ducer the same thing as the “High-definition 1MHz Active Imaging HD” ducer that’s mentioned in the promo material that the Pro’s will be “ready” for? The way they termed that almost makes it sound like the Pro’s are going to be bundled initially with the existing 3-in-1 ducers, and the new “Active Imaging HD” ducers will be released subsequently….

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robm_mb View Post
    Is this “new” 3-in-1 ducer the same thing as the “High-definition 1MHz Active Imaging HD” ducer that’s mentioned in the promo material that the Pro’s will be “ready” for? The way they termed that almost makes it sound like the Pro’s are going to be bundled initially with the existing 3-in-1 ducers, and the new “Active Imaging HD” ducers will be released subsequently….
    I saw that and wondered the same thing. I'm going to be pretty aggravated if the "new" transducer isn't available with the new units. I don't want to run a 3-in-1. I'd rather run SS3D. I'd be mad if I bought SS3D and they released a 1Mhz ducer just a couple of months later.
    2023 Puma STS

3. Member
    Really hoping the new Active Imaging HD ducer is compatible with Live units, as well.

The next update for Lives, Carbons, SS3D modules, and Active Target modules is going to be interesting.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    The next update for Lives, Carbons, SS3D modules, and Active Target modules is going to be interesting.
    New xdrcs needs new software in previous displays, but SS3D and AT?

6. Member
    Will the DownScan now have TRUE 800kHz?

700khz for low chirp and 1225 khz for high chirp
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    Will the DownScan now have TRUE 800kHz?

8. Member
    Just got a message to upgrade software to 22.1.1 when powering on the unit. Any ideas what features this offers?? Can't find anything comparing 22.1 to 22.1.1... I guess I'm ready for something that's coming... Now if only my bank account was ready! :)
    Last edited by dkinney6; 11-19-2022 at 12:37 PM. Reason: error

9. Member
    FYI..doesn't seem to be mentioned on Lowrance's website currently. If you can find it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by dkinney6 View Post
    FYI..doesn't seem to be mentioned on Lowrance's website currently. If you can find it let me know.
    This is the latest update: https://downloads.lowrance.com/software/download.html

11. Member
    Thanks. Is that 22.1.1, though? My Live unit found it automatically and downloaded it (it’s connected to my home wireless). My real question is about the difference between 22.1 and 22.1.1. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. The link you provided takes me to a “your download is ready” page without specifying the software iteration and has no specs. All the specs I see on the lowrance site are for 22.1 - https://www.lowrance.com/downloads/.

That is the latest: [COLOR=#525F6A][FONT=HelveticaNeue]Version: 22.1-65.1.18 Even if they didn't change the date this one is from August 1st
    Installing update wirelessly is not recomended it's to unstable
    Those are for the .18:
    This update corrects the issue where MFD’s could possibly crash whenever a Mercury AutoPilot is active when there is no trolling pilot present, either because a trolling motor isn't present or because it's turned off..
    This update also adds the Bahasa Indonesian and Vietnamese languages to HDS Live, HDS Carbon, and Elite FS (with appropriate Language Pack).
    This software contains no other fixes or features.

The one from January .14:
    Update 65.1.14 (12 Jan 2022)
    Size = 209008640

We are pleased to announce the release of the Lowrance 22.1 software upgrade.This software is for: HDS Live, HDS Carbon and Elite-FS Displays. As well as the following companion modules: Active Target, LiveSight, StructureScan 3D, SonarHub and S5100. (Companion Modules need to be upgraded when the software on the Display is upgraded in order to have the full network running the same version.)The 22.1 software upgrade provides the following new features/functionality and Software fixes:

Ghost 360*
    Movable ActiveTarget Beam Indicator Icon
    NAC-2 and NAC-3 Autopilot Support
    Various Software Improvements and Fixes
    Ghost 360*
    This new feature utilizes automatic steering rotation of the Ghost Trolling Motorwith an Active ImagingTM 3-IN-1 nosecone which allows anglers to have a 360 degree image around their boats.This feature allows Anglers to be able to pinpoint Key Structure and Targets in a 360 degree view of the bottom with the ability to show both standing structure and structure that is laying on the bottom.

* Ghost 360 requires the Ghost trolling motor to be upgraded to software version 1_2_00_00
    Movable ActiveTarget Beam Indicator Icon
    The ActiveTarget Beam Indicator Icon can now be moved to the upper-left,upper-right, lower-left, lower-right or hidden on the panel for Forward and Scout mode.

NAC-2 and NAC-3 Autopilot support on HDS Live (HDS Live)
    The release also brings new autopilot capability with the introduction of support for NAC-2 & NAC-3 autopilots on HDS Live products, the ideal solution for larger and saltwater fishing boats. NAC-2 autopilots are perfectly suited to boats up to ten meters (35 feet) in length and is suitable for low-current hydraulic steering pumps, mechanical drive units, or solenoid valves, whilst NAC-3 Autopilots are ideal for boats ten meters (35 feet) or greater in length and is rated to operate high-current pumps, mechanical drive units, and solenoid valves.Industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking and NMEA 0183® input allow simple connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedback units, autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays located anywhere on board.

Software Improvements and Fixes
    It has been reported from some users setting up multiple Water Depth sources as overlay data that one of them can sometimes get locked up and hang on a certain depth, this has been corrected
    Some HDS Carbon displays have been reported to get stuck on the initial boot up splash screen when powering on, this has been corrected
    Last edited by wallyandre; 11-19-2022 at 02:17 PM.

13. Member
    Not disputing any of that. My software now says 22.1.1 which upgraded from the 22.1 I was using. I can send a screen shot if you like. My guess was they are preparing for the HDS Pro launch and wanted to see if anyone knew anything. I’ve always updated wirelessly and had no issues. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see if this is primarily for stability or to incorporate the rumored higher chirp frequencies and/or perspective modes in active target 2. FYI - the 22.1 upgrade I installed wirelessly also preceded it being posted on the website.

14. Member
    Wait. Found this https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1188608. Maybe I’m just late to the 22.1.1 party and my unit checks only periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by dkinney6 View Post
    Not disputing any of that. My software now says 22.1.1 which upgraded from the 22.1 I was using. I can send a screen shot if you like. My guess was they are preparing for the HDS Pro launch and wanted to see if anyone knew anything. I’ve always updated wirelessly and had no issues. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see if this is primarily for stability or to incorporate the rumored higher chirp frequencies and/or perspective modes in active target 2. FYI - the 22.1 upgrade I installed wirelessly also preceded it being posted on the website.
    What you need to verify the updates is the 2 last digits. The .14 was in January 2022 the latest ends by .18 and it was in August 2022. In my previous post I post the 2 addendums that explain what the updates does. For the voltage inaccurate on some units it cure the problem and on some it didn't work.
    There is no updates yet to be ready for the Pro and you won't see any before they are coming on the market.
    And again good for you if you don't have any problem doing your update by wifi but there is so many that are getting problems that I'd rather use my pc, takes minute more and it much better.

16. Member
    I just got information from a tester that Active Target will not work without a add on box. Active Target 2 will though
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I just got information from a tester that Active Target will not work without a add on box. Active Target 2 will though
    So the new AT2 seems to be designed like the mega live per that remark? Just from that, if true, that looks to be going backwards in technology.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I think this is false. The AT2 kit includes the module (black box).
    Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 6.57.12 PM.png

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    So the new AT2 seems to be designed like the mega live per that remark? Just from that, if true, that looks to be going backwards in technology.
    nope, more like new garmin.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schell21 View Post
    I think this is false. The AT2 kit includes the module (black box).
    Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 6.57.12 PM.png
    Not talking about at2, original at for use with hds pro will require a additional box to work. At2 will work with carbon, live and pro
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast