2016 Skeeter ZX250

I'm looking at a 2016 Skeeter zx250 with a 2016 SHO 250. I asked the guy how many hours are on it and he said he didn't know. Should this boat have an hour meter? I haven't gone to look at it yet so I thought I would ask on here.

It typically does have the hour meter in one of the digital gauges if they just go through each screen. But yes, they all have hour meters on them.
    Chris Shields

Quantum Fishing
    All-Terrain Tackle
    Blackfish Gear
    Power Pole
    Legit Custom Rods

3. Member
    Maybe the ZX250s come with the hour meter but my old ZX200 did not. I was thinking the FX boats came with them and the ZX did not but I could definitely be wrong.

4. Member
    Engine ECM will have hour reading, dealer can hook up to it and tell you. You can also install a NMEA backbone and Yamaha cable to your fish finder units to get hour reading plus other engine info

5. Member
    I own a 2015 ZX250 and mine doesn’t have a hour meter. I have a friend with a 2013 FX that does. Fx models have a lot of bells and whistles the ZX doesn’t have.

The ZX boats do not come with digital gauges. As far as I know they never have. The I Class, FX and FXRs had/have the digital gauges.

You are gonna have to get a dealer or shop pull the hours from the engine to get a reading.

I had them add a cheap hour gauge to my ZXR when I bought it new. It's under the dash. That way I have a quick way to check hours for maintenance. It was less than $100 installed.

Just to add, on the off chance he has NEMA Engine connection to his electronics, you can view hours that way also.

8. Member
    Ask questions then if you go see it. If he maintains it regularly he should have an idea based on his last service at least. Or maybe he never uses it and it’s super low, but again I’d think he would say that. I’m not saying it’s shady that he doesn’t know, but maybe means he wasn’t the best or most caring owner. I just feel like most guys have some idea of the hours on their boat. Maybe it’s just me tho.
    Last edited by 99R93S; 10-19-2022 at 08:58 AM.

9. Member
    I have a 2016 ZX 250 and it has analog gauges and no hour meter.
    2016 ZX250