Thread: Mark Twain

Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Mark Twain

Heading up to Mark Twain either on Friday or on Sunday.
    Anybody been up there recently?
    There seems to be no reports for the lake at South Fork any longer.
    So I am looking for a bass report.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Not sure if the free option will give you a decent report but you may try here:

https://marktwainlakefishingintel.com/join/

3. Member
    I am not paying anyone to look at their site. That is just NUTS.

4. Member
    Lol I wasn’t saying you should pay. I was just point out that there may be something on the free membership section.

Personally based on your location you’d be better off going to Clearwater or Wappapello.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    I am not paying anyone to look at their site. That is just NUTS.
    People hire guides for one day which are much more expensive than that subscription site- it is just a different set of offerings and information. One is in-person and on their boat for that day, while the other happens over a year and you fill in the missing pieces with your own gear and on your own time. Bass fishermen are notoriously tight lipped and this site has "round table discussions" about crappie and bass. I'm not a member, but I know folks who live close to the lake who are, and they say it is worth it.

6. Member
    Sorry about the late report.
    Well we got back from Mark Twain about 9pm Friday night.

We had a good day, not great but good. Had a limit, maybe 12lbs, in the boat. Caught 14 fish all keepers, no dinks yesterday. Had 1, I went to hoist into the boat that would have gone a good 4 lbs, but the line broke in the hoisting. I knew better than to do it, but my partner is slowing in his age. Biggest fish was right at 3lbs. Some were caught on a square bill and the rest on worms, Texas rig.
    Saw a lot of shad in the coves, from the front of them to the backs of coves. Nothing boiling on them though.
    There were lot of crappie fisherman out and most were catching and not just fishing from what they told us. But they did say the bite was on one day and then off for a day or two.
    Lake is at least 6 ft low. water temperature was 56 to 58*
    All and all, Was a super nice day.
    Think Wappapella next week or the 1st week of November.
    Oh Ya MadYakker and NattyLite we did not need a pay for report or a guide either,

7. Member
    Seriously where in my post did I say anything about paying for a site? I suggested that you look at the free version, 2 times at that, to see if they had a report. FREE. OMG I am laughing my a$$ off right now at your idiocy.

Not sure if the free option will give you a decent report but you may try here:

https://marktwainlakefishingintel.com/join/

8. Member
    There really isn't any useful information on that website 'for free'. I didn't want to look like an "idiot" or even lazy, so I actually took the time and effort to check! LOL!
    Last edited by MadYakker; 10-27-2022 at 07:02 PM.