Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Where ???
    one of my customers (OHIO)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    3811-25-2022, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds
    I shredded a tire on my RT188 trailer yesterday so am shopping for a new pair. I am not very knowledgeable of trailer tires but have been reading the post on this forum. I have learned that I should go to a load range D and that most prefer the Goodyear Endurance.
    I cannot find a Goodyear Endurance in a ST175/80 R13 even Tire Rack does not have it. Tire Rack does show a Towmax Vanguard in load range D. Do you guys know this brand? Are you buying the Goodyear endurance in 13 inch wheel size?
    Bill I have a RT 188 trailer too. I’ve searched and I’m pretty sure the Goodyear Endurance doesn’t come in the 13”. I’ve heard of people going to a 14” but don’t know how they’re doing it. There’s not much clearance now with the 13”.

4. Member
    BJ's wholesale club about 2mo's ago, 4 Car tires 215/75/14's mounted, balanced, tax and disposal $358

Quote Originally Posted by Snagged View Post
    3811-25-2022, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds

Bill I have a RT 188 trailer too. I’ve searched and I’m pretty sure the Goodyear Endurance doesn’t come in the 13”. I’ve heard of people going to a 14” but don’t know how they’re doing it. There’s not much clearance now with the 13”.

You would have to use a lower profile tire, I seem to remember reading that you can get the tire diameter within 1/2 inch of the 13 inch this way.
    I did not want to spend the money for new wheels just to get American made tires. I ended up buying load range D TransEagle that my local tire store had in stock.
    A weird thing happened though, first time out, the wheel split in half and tore up one of the new tires. I have never seen anything like it; just split in half. It was the same one from the shredded tire and it had some rash around the outside but seemed ok otherwise. Might have been cracked and we did not see it.
    I had to buy another tire and put it on the spare wheel. I ordered a new wheel for a spare yesterday, should be delivered tomorrow. If you need the matching wheel for the 178/188, eTrailer.com has them.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Talk about some bad luck---
    Hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHeadBaits View Post
    Looking for suggestions on trailer tires? I searched and did not see anything recent. I been using Goodyear Marathon tires, but this is the second I have had blow since they moved to China. I have a single axle Trition 186 with ST215/75R14. I blew one on I-95 doing 78 MPH, not a fun ride!
    Don't buy Goodyear Marathon. I have had 3 sets go bad within 3 years and I only drive about 1200 miles per year. Same problem happened on all 3 sets. The belts shifted internally and made the tire lop-sided, causing the tread to wear unevenly and expose the steel belts. Worst tire on the market. What a shame. Used to be one of the best tires around and good looking too. I went to Carlisle. The were about the same price and so far have held much better than the Goodyears.

Selling my take-off with rims. too bad i'm not in your area
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straffordengineer View Post
    Don't buy Goodyear Marathon. I have had 3 sets go bad within 3 years and I only drive about 1200 miles per year. Same problem happened on all 3 sets. The belts shifted internally and made the tire lop-sided, causing the tread to wear unevenly and expose the steel belts. Worst tire on the market. What a shame. Used to be one of the best tires around and good looking too. I went to Carlisle. The were about the same price and so far have held much better than the Goodyears.
    goodyear endurance is the model you should have gotten, USA made. marathons Chinese as are the carlisle and everything else mostly out there
    Last edited by mactlman; 12-17-2022 at 12:03 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    goodyear endurance is the model you should have gotten, USA made. marathons Chinese as are the carlisle and everything else mostly out there
    I agree but the Carlisles were almost half the cost of the Endurance. I figure it was better to buy 2 sets of normal priced tires instead of one set of very high priced tires. Based on the amount of driving I do, the Endurance tires would probably dry rot before my second set of Carlisle’s wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by straffordengineer View Post
    I agree but the Carlisles were almost half the cost of the Endurance. I figure it was better to buy 2 sets of normal priced tires instead of one set of very high priced tires. Based on the amount of driving I do, the Endurance tires would probably dry rot before my second set of Carlisle’s wear out.

It's never about "wearing"............. It's about hassle and stranded...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

12. Member
    The Carlisle Trail HD tires have worked fine for me. Speed rated for 81 and they ride decent. I am on my second set with no problems. I have not seen many complaints about them in boating or RV forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    The Carlisle Trail HD tires have worked fine for me. Speed rated for 81 and they ride decent. I am on my second set with no problems. I have not seen many complaints about them in boating or RV forums.

My friend blew his out on his Ranger Z118 and it took out his fiberglass fender. I think it was a $2,000.00 flat tire. He runs endurance now.... But this can happen to any brand.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    one of my tire shops was getting lots of carlisle TL tire failures so I replaced my one year old ones with endurance on the stratos and gave the carlisle away. IT was a single axle though. My new ranger has very cheap tires and it will have endurance tires before spring
    MAGA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123