Another SHO cut off on plane question

Guys I had a similar incident with a new to me 2017 Yamaha SHO. I was cruising at WOT and really wasnt watching the rpm guage at the time but she shut down instantly and swamped up pretty good. Still shifts gears, trys to start for about a 1/2 second and nothing. Got towed in and looked under cowling when home and I cant turn the motor either way with a pry bar. I had no alarms, I didnt smell anything, had water pressure earlier in the day but like i said its a new to me boat so I was looking at all sort of stuff yesterday in my first official fishing outing in the thing. Tell me if yall think Im missing anything or if I can answer anymore questions that may help diagnose. Im hoping its fuel issue but man I dont know.

Pull plugs and see what they look like. Also, check the oil for possible water intrusion. see if the engine will rotate with the plugs out. A locked up lower unit will keep an engine from turning over as well. Time to start digging.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    are you running a lithium?

4. Member
    No and I dont think its battery related, as when i bump started it the next day it smoked like a mofo. I shut it down instantly. I hope you are right but it sure didnt seem like it.
    Danny