Mohawk Locks Opening?

Does anyone know when they plan to open the locks and drain the system this year? The Barge Canal website says something about commercial permits to lock through until 10/31. It's a 2hr trip and I'd like to get there for a few days before they drain. I know I'll need to stay in the lock I launch in..

Thanks
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

From talking to a friend yesterday, all the docks have been pulled at the launches in locks 8 - 15 ?. The water was lowered last week due to the impending storms....friend said that water level in most pools is still very low, tournament yesterday on river was cancelled due to low water. I called one of the locks on Friday and the lock operator said they are planning in next week -> 2 weeks to have water lowered to winter levels. Many years ago we fished in the river until middle of November until the levels were lowered, though you couldn't run the locks, just fished the pool you launched from. Not anymore ! Seems every year now they pull docks earlier and lower the levels earlier.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. We used to be able to fish through half of November!
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250