Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Nice boat, if you need a bike seat for the front, Bassboatseats.com has a good quality seat at a fraction of the price for a Lund OEM, I know because I have both, and the aftermarket seat is better quality than the Lund. You can buy an aluminum Spitfire with the same pitch as the X7, if you want a cheap spare.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Nice boat, if you need a bike seat for the front, Bassboatseats.com has a good quality seat at a fraction of the price for a Lund OEM, I know because I have both, and the aftermarket seat is better quality than the Lund. You can buy an aluminum Spitfire with the same pitch as the X7, if you want a cheap spare.
    thanks for the info , it came with a 19p aluminum spitfire I keep as a spare, I have a lund butt seat on order now, I'll check out that website. thanks for the info.
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

3. Member
    Quick update . Broke the motor in today as per the manual. The boat handles well in the turns at high speeds , It gets upon plane in I swear 2 seconds , 32 gallons of fuel full live well and full load of tackle and rods, 19P X7 spitfire, GPS speed was 45mph. It was pretty windy out , I'm sure on calm day with slight chop it will do 47+ my guess. I'm guessing once the motor loosens up I wight get a little more. who knows. as far as the boat. Lund does has some of the best fit and finish I have seen. the welds are great , not many welds just up front in the middle and in the back on each corner I believe , paint is good, just got done ceramic coating it. Will go further in depth later.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

4. Member
    Fantastic, enjoy it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Carroll View Post
    Quick update . Broke the motor in today as per the manual. The boat handles well in the turns at high speeds , It gets upon plane in I swear 2 seconds , 32 gallons of fuel full live well and full load of tackle and rods, 19P X7 spitfire, GPS speed was 45mph. It was pretty windy out , I'm sure on calm day with slight chop it will do 47+ my guess. I'm guessing once the motor loosens up I wight get a little more. who knows. as far as the boat. Lund does has some of the best fit and finish I have seen. the welds are great , not many welds just up front in the middle and in the back on each corner I believe , paint is good, just got done ceramic coating it. Will go further in depth later.
    What kind of rpm are you turning at 45mph?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    What kind of rpm are you turning at 45mph?
    Actually I just pulled up my vessel view performance sheet and it said max speed was 42.7 @ 6100rpm
    just call the dealer to see if we can try a 17pitch because that number is way low
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

7. Member
    Not a 20/21 pitch? Looks like you're running out of rpm range. Less fuel and empty livewells would probably put you over 6300 at the moment.

8. Member
    BTW, your spare tire looks a little low, mine used to drag at steep launch ramps until I redrilled/relocated a mount stud (to raise the spare tire 2 inches). A spare tire/wheel lock cable (loop around trailer, mount and wheel) and cover would help too, expensive looking wheel !

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Not a 20/21 pitch? Looks like you're running out of rpm range. Less fuel and empty livewells would probably put you over 6300 at the moment.
    Actually I ran it again and about 6k I was at 42mph and it started to bounce and blow the prop , so I bumped the trim down slightly, but I still had throttle left, so Lund recommended a 18p vengeance, we will see they are letting me try it before I trade back the x7 so, that is good
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

10. Member
    Update dealer sent me a michigan ballistic 19p 3 blade , very fast prop, 42mph @6220, still too slow I believe. he is going to send me a 21p ballistic. It's strange because lund recommends a 18p vengeance , which I would think would put the rpm's in the mid 5's, and wouldn't you want them in the upper range on pro XS's?
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

11. Member
    Try a 20 pitch LazerII.

12. Member
    Try a 20 pitch LazerII.
    Is that a pretty good prop?
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

13. Member
    Is that a pretty good prop?
    They may need a bit of cup added to really make them work their best, but yes a very good prop. Do a search on them on here. Lots of guys running them. I like it better than my x7 spitfire.

14. Member
    Try a 20 pitch LazerII.
    Having a hard time finding them I don’t think mercury makes them anymore, might have to try to find a used one.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

15. Member
    thanks guys, I'm super excited . I loved the pro guide , just ready for a console boat and I do mostly bass and crappie, and really tired of carpet. not really sure what the 19P will get me as far as speed , I would like to see at least 47 or so I would think?
    ..... X7 17Spitfire performed best of the props we (LUND) tested on that model.. We hit 47 with 2 guys, full tank ..BUT little else in the boat.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    ..... X7 17Spitfire performed best of the props we (LUND) tested on that model.. We hit 47 with 2 guys, full tank ..BUT little else in the boat.
    Is that gps speed?
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

17. Member
    They may need a bit of cup added to really make them work their best, but yes a very good prop. Do a search on them on here. Lots of guys running them. I like it better than my x7 spitfire.
    so I found a 20p laser ll on eBay, and a 18p vengeance , going to run them both as soon as the ice is off, might sent them to mark croxton for some work if they need it.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

18. Member
    Ok update on prop saga, I tried the 18p vengeance first, RPM was right at 6190-6290 max @ 42.5mph was the best it could do , with full tank of fuel light load of tackle and 1- 200lb guy, then tried the 20p laser ll, RPM was 6080-6200 and mph was 42.0mph and had a pretty noticeable rooster tail. handling was better on the vengeance. hole shot and bite was also better. just the 42.5mph thing gets me. any other ideas. anyone need a rebuilt 20p laser ll ? lol and that guy on YouTube test driving the same boat saying he got 48.5mph is full of you know what. must of went off speedo and not gps, typical sales guy.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

19. Member
    You could try putting a straight edge along the bottom of the boats hull and see whether there is much of a hook in the hull. You'd need to compare it to the 48mph boat though to see if it's just a manufacturing variation. If the hull has more or less hook than the fast boat it might be able to be worked a bit to achieve the same profile.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    You could try putting a straight edge along the bottom of the boats hull and see whether there is much of a hook in the hull. You'd need to compare it to the 48mph boat though to see if it's just a manufacturing variation. If the hull has more or less hook than the fast boat it might be able to be worked a bit to achieve the same profile.
    ya it's not that important to me to go through all that, kinda sounds like it is what it is, which I'm fine with , I just would like to have my set up be the most efficient and best performing as I can get it within reason.
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast