Trolling motor tray cut out?

I’m about to install a tray on my 20xd. I would like to get some suggestions from guys that already installed theirs. How far from the pedestal base hole did you set the end of the tray?

2. Member
    I have a 21xdc. From my pedestal to the opening in the back of the tray is 14”. I ordered my tray from Bullet.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    I have a 21xdc. From my pedestal to the opening in the back of the tray is 14”. I ordered my tray from Bullet.
    Thanks, I just set my tray on the deck where I thought it would feel right an it came too 131/2” but when I drop the pedal 31/2” I’m hoping that it doesn’t feel out of reach while I’m on the butt seat. But if the factory set it at 14” then that should be about as good as it can get.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    Thanks, I just set my tray on the deck where I thought it would feel right an it came too 131/2” but when I drop the pedal 31/2” I’m hoping that it doesn’t feel out of reach while I’m on the butt seat. But if the factory set it at 14” then that should be about as good as it can get.
    I ordered my tray from Bullet and installed it myself. You are more than likely going to cut through a brace. It doesn’t weaken the deck. Put some sort of epoxy on the edge of the wood before you install the tray. It’s not a bad job, once you decide to cut the floor. Lol.

5. Member
    The most common factory measurement for the cutout is 6 inches from front edge of carpet to front edge of the tray.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    I ordered my tray from Bullet and installed it myself. You are more than likely going to cut through a brace. It doesn’t weaken the deck. Put some sort of epoxy on the edge of the wood before you install the tray. It’s not a bad job, once you decide to cut the floor. Lol.
    Yea, I’m still trying to get the nerve to cut it. I’m gonna move the tray tomorrow to 6” from the front carpet edge just to see how that feels to me. Then I’m gonna cut it out. If I think about it too long I may change my mind ��