Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    If the tip was from MM and he suggested beating the bank with a Senko, I would treat that advice as suspect.

I can't help with fall suggestions as I haven't been down there later in the year than early Sept and haven't done any good at that time of year. Spring & early summer patterns don't carry over in the fall, at least for me. But good luck and if you boat a snakehead, and like eating fish, they are good table fare.

2. Member
    I'll be sure to report back if I hit on something. I hope so, I helped form this club 25 years ago, this is our finale, where everybody gets paid to fish. After travel, motels, gas and food, you'll be hard pressed to break even. I'm George.
    http://neveronsunday.org/

3. Member
    O K.
    I stayed at the Motel Bel Alton. Right out of a Steven King book. My boat front deck is larger than the bathroom, but that's O K because they have a small short commode to make up for it. Plenty of hiot water though. About 50 or so feral cats live behind the motel. There's a locked place to charge and store your boat back there be careful not to run over any cats. The help was courteous.

We tried to fish Mattawoman but the grass had broken up and we couldn't get anything but garbage with each cast. I couldn't find a way through the sargasso like floating mats to get to the back of Mattawoman. We left at 12;00 and went to occoquan, caught and weighed 3 fish. lost 2 good ones. Second day fished Occoquan got 5 but no weight I think we fiished 6th or so. Crankbaits, jigs one on a Senko.

Truck developed electrical issues, feel lucky to make it home lost low headlight twice drivers side radio kept coming on and off door locks cycled by themselves while driving think its a fuse block issue or corroded relay 2012 Avalanche.

4. Member
    Bites to have limits 2 days in a row...I would say thats pretty good this time of year. The few fish ive caught this fall have been hard to find. I find fall fishing on the potomac very challenging but I might be targeting the wrong depth (3ish feet).

Last week I put in at Marshall Hall and ran up above the WW bridge and did pretty good on crankbaits. I caught my first tidal smallie on a rock pile by the WW bridge which was pretty cool.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12