Hidden/special Skeeter fuel shut-off or kill switches???

Hello all

I posted in the Yamaha section (https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1199124) my issue. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is another "kill switch" of ANY kind on Skeeters (mine is '07 20i)? Anything other than the kill switch at the helm is what I'm asking.

For example, if someone was to start the motor tilted to high, or something silly like that.

I explain what was done in the other post, but in a nutshell the motor starts and runs fine on muffs. But when backed down the ramp into water, it would turn over just fine but not crank or even attempt to crank as if there was no fuel or no spark. Neither should be the case. Low pressure pumps are new, VST cleaned and filter replaced. Primary filter replaced. Mystery filters replaced.

Thanks for any input
    2007 Skeeter 20i
    2007 Yamaha VZ250TLR
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades

2. Member
    Ignition switch and kill switch tested. Works as expected. :|
    2007 Skeeter 20i
    2007 Yamaha VZ250TLR

when you test it with the muffs I assume the motor is straight up vertical?

And when you try and start it at the lake is the motor in the same position or trimmed up?
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    yes, essentially vertical on muffs. At lake trimmed down all the way.
    2007 Skeeter 20i
    2007 Yamaha VZ250TLR

5. Member
    You have a broken wire in the rigging tube. Somewhere. It makes a connection when vertical and with the motor trimmed up even the slightest, the wire separates with the bending and causes a no start condition

6. Member
    I did consider that. However, (described in Yamaha section) I put it on muffs vertical, on muffs trimmed way too high and in large tub of water (w/o muffs). Instant start.
    The only thing about the broken wire is how it would be grounding out in the harness. Would have to have the white and black wire broken. Frustrating stuff.
    2007 Skeeter 20i
    2007 Yamaha VZ250TLR

7. Member
    Silly question but have you put a minimal part of the outboard in the water to see if it will start? If it does the put more of it in the water couple of inches at a time until it won't start? This way you can see if you have is something grounding out when you put it all the way in the water. A bad ground can cause all kinds of issues, did you have this issue prior to doing all your maintenance or was it there when you bought it?

8. Member
    I put it on the water this weekend and it worked as it should. It ran a little rough so I have a few things to check including the shift switch (or whatever it is called) that kills #2 and #3 in neutral.

I am suspecting the kill switch may be the culprit as that was the behavior. The replacement arrived actually today. Everything else works. All wires secure. All electrical connections are clean. No corrosion anywhere.
    2007 Skeeter 20i
    2007 Yamaha VZ250TLR