Small central OK lakes and ramp conditions?

Guys my Father in Law is in for the weekend and he wants to fish. Im just curious as to the ramp conditions at lakes like Bell Cow, Prague, Stroud, Langston, etc those types of lakes. Or am I overlooking something. Id love for him to have a good day of fishing and I live in Edmond so Im trying to stay within a 90 min drive. Thanks gents if you can offer suggestions on ramp conditions and if the bite is on. Heck it can even be sand bass or crappie.

Danny

2. Member
    do you have 4wd ? if so it shouldn't have problem.
    how big a boat?

3. Member
    Yes have 4wd. Bass Cat p2. Thx

4. Member
    you should be fine. I fished low water ramp the other day truck still on ramp. I've launched my puma before with trucks front wheels off the ramp. biggest issue floating boat off.

5. Member
    Ended up going to McMurtry. Fishing was slow, caught 3 and only one of any size.

6. Member
    Not that it's any use to you now, but I've had good luck this time of year at Carl Blackwell. Fish for bass until the sun gets high and switch to crappie in brush piles in the afternoon. Bad thing is that lake is full of 8-10" crappie (or used to be) with a decent one mixed in every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    Ended up going to McMurtry. Fishing was slow, caught 3 and only one of any size.
    Any problems with the ramp/ lake level?

8. Member
    No it was fine but be careful as usual. I did somehow manage to lock up my motor so the trip is going to cost me a fortune.

I dont mind catching 10" slabs, they eat real good!