EVA…insider buying

After a “Short and Distort” campaign by Blue Orca a bunch of insiders went and bought 10million dollars worth of the stock and put out a response to Blue Orcas claims. Apparently Blue Orca has done this to companies before. Maybe the Wallstreet Bets group needs to get onboard and punish them.

Im picking up some shares and will see how it goes.

Here is Enviva response:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Seller-Report

2. Member
    That is interesting. Enviva got bad press from the 60 minutes report. I know a few persons in upper management (used to work with them before they left for Enviva). I have not spoken to them in a few years.

I think the claim about them getting a large percentage of their wood from clear-cutting, is true.

Where their plants are located (Southeast), clear-cutting is dominant. With lumber and timber prices escalating over the past few years, this would be more reason to purchase product from clear-cutting.

I do not see enough volume of selective cutting to feed their plants.

I have been told their business model is to sell product mostly in Europe. Europe classify’s the wood pellets as “green”, therefore they pay the price to pelletize and ship the product from the US.

I am sure Blue Orka is presenting info in worst light possible, to drive down share price. I also think Enviva paints info in a better light than reality.

3. Member
    That's an interesting one for sure, and one I'll look at. Probably worth at least a starter position. Most of these companies have thousands of acres of their own land that they seed and then clear cut and plant back. As mentioned, it's pretty typical. I'm sure the environmental people hate it, but that's just how it works, and if that's why it sold off, then it's overdone I'm sure.

4. Member
    The insider buying continues…went from 10 million to 16 million.

5. Member
    TFall - hopefully, you sold somewhere on the way down. $80 to $8 in the past year.

Dividend suspended.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    TFall - hopefully, you sold somewhere on the way down. $80 to $8 in the past year.

Dividend suspended.
    I made out back then when Blue Orka was playing games. I took the 10.00 pop and rang the register. It’s been trending down the last few quarters but they really got slammed today. Wow!