Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    They turned on Ranger years ago, now they are turning on Vexus and Avid before they even get into the first turn. Crestliner has had it's own issues with hulls.

May the circle be unbroken by and by Lord by and by...
    I don't know of a welded aluminum boat manufacturer that hasn't had problems with cracks on the hull, it is a universal problem that just happens with the way the metal is welded, some crack and some don't. If it does happen most are good about repairing it under warranty, and if it is going to crack it will usually do it within the first year or two if you use it enough.

2. Member
    I sold my older Lowe Stinger 18hp last Feb and have been shopping around. I am 95% sold on the Avid. Specifically the 18xb. As mentioned earlier in the thread "Marsh Man Mason" has gone to the Avid 19xb. If you go to Louisiana Sportsman and search Avid there is a video of Marsh Man picking up his boat from the factory in Ms. Gives a very detailed walk thru and why he loves it so much. I also have gone to the website with questions through emails and have had quick responses with no issues at all. They have told me that the 90 on 18xb goes about 45 and the 115 goes about 50. Talking to a local dealer, he didnt even know they put the 115hp on it until I mentioned it and he did his research to verify. They also mentioned they tend to put the SHO yamaha on the bass boats and the regular yamaha 4 strike in the bay boats. Basically the same motor but the SHO gives a better hole shot on the bass rigs.

3. Member
    As GeauxTide mentioned earlier, Marsh Man Mason went to the Avid 19xb and loves it. He does a very nice walk through of the boat at

4. Member
    Slabstacker, which boat did you buy or still deciding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12