Fury 3 repair question

Any experience in adding cup on a fury 3? I have one needing repair but wondering if it’s worth adding cup to such a flat riding prop.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

Probably not, really depends on many other things, boat, weight, loading etc. Fury props have very good lift when used on the intended applications but require being set about 1/2 deeper than most other props
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Probably not, really depends on many other things, boat, weight, loading etc. Fury props have very good lift when used on the intended applications but require being set about 1/2 deeper than most other props
    Fury props are known to ride real flat with hardly any lift. That’s why I was asking about adding cup trying to get it to lift better.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

Quote Originally Posted by kimbrell224 View Post
    Fury props are known to ride real flat with hardly any lift. That’s why I was asking about adding cup trying to get it to lift better.
    Dont know where you got that false info! Not true when set up is correct and used on the correct applications
    A Z8 should perform well with fury prop set to the correct p to p height unless you are carreying excessive loads in it
    Last edited by lpugh; 11-24-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Dont know where you got that false info! Not true when set up is correct and used on the correct applications
    A Z8 should perform well with fury prop set to the correct p to p height unless you are carreying excessive loads in it
    Everybody knows fury’s are holeshot props and don’t have the lift that a tempest has. I’ve been running bass boats for 25 years and I know all about setup. I keep the fury as a spare because it will not lift or get the speed that a blueprinted tempest with extra cup will. I was only asking about the fury because I needed to have it touched back up anyway. The best prop guy in the US told me it’s not worth spending the extra money on a fury.
    2014 Z8
    Pro XS 25
    Fortrex 112
    Humminbird 999SI/859DI

I sold all my tempest props once I found the right guy to rework a Fury, superior to Tempest in every way to A stock Fury, performs very similar and lifts just as well on most bass boats when ran 1/2 in deeper. After reworking they will run as high as a tempest, 2mph faster and far better holeshot. I have helped a bunch of people with setup and this has been true in every single case. I will not mention the prop guys name as he is not a sponsor here. But is mentioned quite often on the bass cat forum. He is well known in the drag boat world
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I sold all my tempest props once I found the right guy to rework a Fury, superior to Tempest in every way to A stock Fury, performs very similar and lifts just as well on most bass boats when ran 1/2 in deeper. After reworking they will run as high as a tempest, 2mph faster and far better holeshot. I have helped a bunch of people with setup and this has been true in every single case. I will not mention the prop guys name as he is not a sponsor here. But is mentioned quite often on the bass cat forum. He is well known in the drag boat world
    Id like to try a worked Fury. I have the stock 24p fury that came on my boat. It is a dog compared to my Marks 24 tempest. If a worked fury would run better, Id send it out tomorrow. You could Pm if you like.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    Id like to try a worked Fury. I have the stock 24p fury that came on my boat. It is a dog compared to my Marks 24 tempest. If a worked fury would run better, Id send it out tomorrow. You could Pm if you like.
    The Fury would need to be a 23P to replace a 24 tempest, they run one pitch stiffer
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Yep I understand that, but I read, hear stories of a worked 24 fury being the bomb on my boat.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

If a 24 tempest is working good and running at near max RPM, You absolutely will need to start with a 23 Fury. Props that are worked down never end up very good. You always want work a prop up to get the best results
    I think you be very disappointed with a 24. Call ronnie before you do anything
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    Yep I understand that, but I read, hear stories of a worked 24 fury being the bomb on my boat.
    I find that 75% of the guys out there are running to large pitch of prop, must have the right pitch to almost or hit the limiter in perfect conditions. Then have the prop fine-tuned to perfection
    Thank You Leon Pugh