Thread: Crappie jigs

Crappie jigs

the next addiction, my fishing buddys little boy took an interest in lure building and crappie dipping so my question is about chenille is all chenille the ok to use and is the stuff off amazon ok would like to buy a pack with multiple colors

Usually crappie jigs don’t have a long life expectancy. I tie for my own use so I just get the cheap stuff. Tie up enough for several trips then replace what I lost.

3. Member
    Chenille comes in different sizes and types. There are a bunch of different types of chenille like tinsel, new age, variegated, cactus and so on. Post the link to the stuff you are looking at because not all of it is suitable for crappie jigs.

4. Member
    New Age is the best I've found, if you can get any in the good colors. Size medium. My next favorite is Woolly Bugger Flash.

5. Member

6. Member
    You can also use yarn to wrap with. I've made a bunch with it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Someone posted a picture showing the chenille purchased from a fly supplier and the stuff that is being sold. The amazon material is very sparse which makes me believe it is a factory second. If it were me I'd just got to Barlow's, JS Flyfishing, Jann's, etc. etc.

From what the reviews say it’s not very thick so you might be wrapping more on. Looks good enough. If you looking at this type a good medium to small cactus chenille is good. I use wapsi, hareline chenille and have no problem with it.